You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-01 13:45:34

haukew
Website

set up networkmanager via terminal

Hi!
I am trying to get my wireless working for like an hour now but i still have no idea how to get it working.

Situation is as follows: I am with my laptop in a wireless environment and i can see all available networks using the networkmanager-plasmoid from kde4. The problem is . i can´t use it, when i type in the network´s password simply nothing happenns (there is a button "connect" but nothing happens when i´m clicking it)

So i wanted to connect manually using the terminal, but i can´t find a tool to use from the terminal to connect with networkmanager.
nm-tool does show me the state of wlan0 (disconnected) and the wireless access points - even the signal strenght and the security (wpa), but there seems to be no way to connect to them.

Could someone please tell me a way to connect to a wireless network using only the terminal and networkmanager...in the wiki is no explanation at all about how to do it...

thanks in advance, i really apreciate it...

#2 2009-09-01 14:21:56

baghera

Re: set up networkmanager via terminal

try cnetworkmanager from aur if you want to stay with networkmanager. or maybe you can give a try to netcfg.

#3 2009-09-01 19:05:00

haukew
Website

Re: set up networkmanager via terminal

cnetworkmanager is JUST what i needed!

cnetworkmanager  -C [SSID] --wpa-pass=[password]

It can be so simple :-)

Thanks a lot!

Board footer