You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-12 06:03:31

jvicory

Konqueror/Dolphin SFTP in KDEmod

Clean install, basically nothing but the base system, X, and kdemod installed.  When I try to connect to an SFTP server with Konqueror, one of two things happen.  Either I get an error saying that the program used to handle the SFTP protocol has unexpectedly died, or I am promted for my user name and password.  Upon entering the information and hitting OK, I get a popup saying that the login info was wrong and asking me to retry.  Retrying leads back to the original user name/password box, and the process continues on back and forth until Konqueror is killed.   Trying in Dolphin yields similar results.

I know its not the server/my login info, since I can log in using sftp on the command line fine, as well as using Filezilla on another machine.  Any ideas?

#2 2009-09-14 04:29:22

Zack89

Re: Konqueror/Dolphin SFTP in KDEmod

I have an idea, try to log into it using links. Links is a command line browser. If your having problems logging into it using an internet browser thats graphical, using a non graphical browser may reveal better results since we know that command line yields more information than a graphical app does upon an error or crash. Links is in the arch repos just do:

pacman -S links

Its obvious it cant be your machine persay since you can log in via command line so its possible that there is a missing plugin or codec for Konqueror, and probably root privalages for Dolphin.. if you wanna try dolphin under root:

sudo dolphin

i know I cant mount CD rom drives or flash drives under my current setup since i dont have fakeroot i think it is so I need to do a root dolphin in order to do that

Registered User number: 496613. Show your Tux Pride!
http://counter.li.org

Board footer