You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-27 08:34:25

svanberg

Problems with virtual rights

Hello.
I'm about to put up a web server (Apache, PHP, MySQL), but I have some problems with rights. Right now, I have team up two virtual pages:

alias /johan "D:/virtual/johan/"
<Directory "D:/virtual/johan">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory> 

alias /patrik "D:/virtual/patrik/"
<Directory "D:/virtual/patrik">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

And now to the problem. These pages should be entirely separate from each other but I can run a PHP script (inside johan directory) with the following contents:

<?php 
// unlink("../test");
rmdir("../patrik");
?>

and the script successfully delete the directory patrik without problems. How do I arrange this? How do I get a script and other substances may only run in the johan directory and subdirectories?

#2 2009-08-28 20:23:43

neddie_seagoon

Re: Problems with virtual rights

Check permissions on the 2 directories - if the user that Apache runs as has write permissions to both then PHP can simply go up a directory and delete things without issue. You can try a couple things:

1. Modify permissions to remove write access from the Apache user.

2. If each of these directories are meant to be used by a different virtual host, set the PHP open_basedir value for each of them to be only their directory. You should be able to set in the virtualhost config:
php_admin_value open_basedir /path/to/restrict/to

#3 2009-09-18 11:37:34

svanberg

Re: Problems with virtual rights

neddie_seagoon wrote:

2. If each of these directories are meant to be used by a different virtual host, set the PHP open_basedir value for each of them to be only their directory. You should be able to set in the virtualhost config:
php_admin_value open_basedir /path/to/restrict/to

Can you provide more detail, please?

Board footer