You are not logged in.

#26 2009-09-23 00:39:58

hbekel

Re: arghhhh im nearly installed... how do i complete it!????

If you don't know what went wrong, then what have you learned? Precisely Nothing. Instead of fixing what was probably a very simple issue which would have required a little bit of thinking and/or reading (not to mention simply providing us with some of the requested information), you choose the easy way out and "solved" your problems by just giving up, completely ignoring all the friendly advise you were given. You chose to use the universal tool of the clueless, a reinstall.

Perhaps you should reconsider your choice of distribution for now, since you seem to lack either the proper skills or mindset for successfully using arch (not to mention basic netiquette). Helping you, at least for me, has turned out as a complete waste of time and effort, especially regarding your "thanx anyways" attitude, which basically says "Don't bother helping me next time, I won't listen to you anyways".

#27 2009-09-23 02:50:59

kaddy

LOL
i admire your polite rudeness

It was my first attempt at installing arch, I probably messed something up in the config files somewhere as I was up until 2am and was tired as hell.
I actually read the instructions properly this morning and went through the procedure carefully, now I know how to install arch successfully, and know what config files to edit and how, so if i stuff it up next time, i will know where i went wrong as I know the "right" way to install arch now and setup my network.

now do me a favour and have a beer, relax, and take a chill pill

#28 2009-09-23 03:01:33

mrunion
Website

Welcome aboard!

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#29 2009-09-23 03:14:15

kaddy

thankyou

#30 2009-09-23 04:40:13

slightlystoopid

kaddy wrote:

It was my first attempt at installing arch, I probably messed something up in the config files somewhere as I was up until 2am and was tired as hell.

messed up config files = reinstall? you could have just re-read the parts pertaining to the configuration files (and their own wikis too) and modified them on your live system.

One nation, under the corporatocracy, indivisible, with liberty for them.

Really, I can understand the Supreme Court's rulings. Afterall, corporations are people just like us, with love and feelings, hopes and dreams, and a limited lifespan to do it all in... oh wait, nevermind. I was thinking of same-sex marriage.

#31 2009-09-23 05:20:59

kaddy

true.... but i wanted to go through the process again from start to finish using the official installation guide so i know where i'm at...... i followed a couple of dodgey video's the first time and although it helped a bit, i wanted to do it the right way from start to finish.

all sweet now after a couple minor hiccups, but i found solutions in the wiki. so all good.

#32 2009-09-23 07:19:20

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Great it works! big_smile
This is Arch fate - many of as had to install arch twice (or more, three times here wink ).
Welcome aboard.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#33 2009-09-23 10:55:24

hbekel

kaddy wrote:

LOL
i admire your polite rudeness

This was not rude at all, it was simply honest and what i still think to be the proper response to somebody behaving the way you initially did. But feel free to prove me wrong.

kaddy wrote:

You should have gone to bed in the first place instead of posting a series of "ZOMG it no work lol...!!!???" posts without properly reacting to well meant advise you got even despite your attitude. Wouldn't you agree? Honestly, I'm curious.

kaddy wrote:

I actually read the instructions properly this morning and went through the procedure carefully, now I know how to install arch successfully, and know what config files to edit and how, so if i stuff it up next time, i will know where i went wrong as I know the "right" way to install arch now and setup my network.

Glad to hear that.

kaddy wrote:

now do me a favour and have a beer, relax, and take a chill pill

Note that I didn't ask you to give me any advise. The fact that you avoid to take a honest stance here and decide to shrug off justified criticism regarding your behavior with such a notion leads me to believe that you are well aware of what an appropriate answer could have been, but, for some reason, were unable to get yourself around to it. But it's your choice, after all.

I openly admit that what you write here makes perfect sense:

kaddy wrote:

true.... but i wanted to go through the process again from start to finish using the official installation guide so i know where i'm at...... i followed a couple of dodgey video's the first time and although it helped a bit, i wanted to do it the right way from start to finish.

all sweet now after a couple minor hiccups, but i found solutions in the wiki. so all good.

You sound a lot more sensible after a night of sleep smile That makes me even more curious: do you really see nothing wrong with your former behavior or with your later replies? Do you really not see how a "thanks anyways, guys?" can well be interpreted as rudeness and ignorance, and, in that case, is justified to be questioned? Do you really think the appropriate way of dealing with such justified criticism is to just shrug it off? Honestly, I'm curious.

Having said this, Welcome to Arch, glad you made it after all.
Have fun!

#34 2009-09-23 14:12:37

kaddy

lol...hbekel

Have you got nothing better to do than to try and give people lectures over the internet and try and correct them on everything they say?
what do you want me to say?
"ohhhhh I'm sorry your lordship... I do apologise on my inappropriate behaviour, I promise i will be a good little boy from now on, ok?"

get a life

and thankyou to everybody except hbekel for helping me out in my frustrated time of need.

is it ok if I go to bed now hbekel? you sure? thankyou... it is getting rather late oh wise one.....

kaddy

Last edited by kaddy (2009-09-23 14:18:02)

#35 2009-09-23 14:43:39

hbekel

smile

Oh yeah, feel free to just insult what you can't cope with. And I did offer you help, in case you don't remember.

Case closed.

Last edited by hbekel (2009-09-23 14:44:07)

#36 2009-09-23 14:46:09

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

The OP's issue is solved. No further use for this thread.
Closing.

Board footer