You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-05 14:01:00

dp
Website

CTAN document classes as packages?

after installed a lot of CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network http://www.ctan.org/) by hand on a lot of distros and actually became used to doing this by hand, i installed the needed classes also on my arch-linux by hand at the begining (that was before i started to play with makepkg)

today i was going to install "protocol", a nice class to make protocols under Latex very easily ... and tried to make a package of it

it came out a nice package that can be also removed very easily if wanted

i know TeX-classes are not really software packages, that's why i'm not directly posting my package in incoming --- i want first to find out, if anyone like the idea having TeX-classes as modules (and for separation, each TeX-class should have a CTAN_classname)

is anyone interested?

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2003-09-05 16:39:13

Arielext
Website

Re: CTAN document classes as packages?

always! we're different from other distro's so why not?

apt-get install arch

#3 2003-09-05 17:30:07

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

I might suggest something like a tex- or latex- or -tex or -latex designation.  Most people wouldn't think to look for something called ctan when thinking about latex classes.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#4 2003-09-05 18:05:03

dp
Website

Xentac wrote:

I might suggest something like a tex- or latex- or -tex or -latex designation.  Most people wouldn't think to look for something called ctan when thinking about latex classes.

could be usefull for identification, i dont really know ... it's because if you are able to use them, you know already about ctan and how to install them manually --- i will add also a short description on using

as the feedback is positive, i'll post the one i built, and then feel free to comment what is wrong and what ok

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer