You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-08 13:08:10

Doc Angelo

NFS4 shares and mounted subdirectories

Hello,

i have some troubles configuring my nfs4 shares on my server. I have some nested filesystem setup, which i should explain first. The directories on my system partition are as follows: (Both directories named "Data" are empty)

/
/mnt
/mnt/Data
/srv
/srv/nfs4
/srv/nfs4/Data

I mount a LVM volume on /mnt/Data, thats where i have most stuff. On this volume there exists an empty directory "SquashFS", which will then be "filled" by mounting "SquashFS.sqsh" there. Now i can access any stuff unter /mnt/Data on the server.

/
/mnt
/mnt/Data
/mnt/Data/some
/mnt/Data/things
/mnt/Data/SquashFS.sqsh
/mnt/Data/SquashFS
/mnt/Data/SquashFS/compressed_things...
/srv
/srv/nfs4
/srv/nfs4/Data

Now i want to access all that stuff from my desktop or any other remote computer. Because symlinks are not working here for nfs4, i bind mount /mnt/Data to /srv/nfs4/Data and export the directory with the "nohide" option. I can access all stuff, but /srv/nfs4/Data/SquashFS is empty.

So i tried to bind mount /mnt/Data/SquashFS to /srv/nfs4/Data/SquashFS, but that didn't helped. Next i could try out to export /srv/nfs4/Data/SquashFS with the "nohide" option. I think that this will work, but i have the feeling i make something really wrong. With a couple of such situations your exports and fstab get mixed up soon, i think.

Somebody have some recommendations or guides how to solve this? Or some tips how to better organize such files?

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

Board footer