You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-11 13:23:54

nuxorg

LVM problems, over 1TB of data is gone?

I don't know much about Linux, but I try to learn.

I used LVM and created LVM-partition that included three (3) physical partitions (sda2,sdb1,sdc1). Total space of that LVM partition was over 2 TB. There was no problems with that, I used it several months without any problems. But then I wanted to remove one physical partition (sdc1) from LVM. Even that went ok, there was no errors, system copied all the files from sdc1 to sda2 and sdb1. Problems started when I tried to mount the partition.

After removing sdc1 from LVM (without any problems) I tried to mount my LVM partition (VolGroup00-Storage). But there was error something like:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock.

I tried to run resize2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-Storage, but got error:

Please run 'e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-Storage' first.

I run e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-Storage and there was a lot of different kind of errors and it seem to take forever. After four (4) days I have to manually cancel the operation because there was going to be a planned power outage in the building.

After that I tried to continue e2fsck, but there was error:

e2fsck: Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: The superblock is corrupt when using the backup blocks
e2fsck:  going back to original superblock
e2fsck: Device or resource busy while trying to open /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-Storage
Filesystem mounted or opened exclusively by another program?

Now I don't know how to proceed. It is ok to laugh, I know I have done something stupid. Is there any way to save the data?

Thank You.

Board footer