You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-05 17:31:54

justinsmithies

PKGBUILD wanted for smtp mail server with auth ???

Has anybody got a working current postfix PKGBUILD with plain text login auth ??
Or maybe any other smtp mail server , i'm desperate to be able to let other login and send mail through my server without opening it up as a full blown relay.

HELP

#2 2005-02-05 20:27:21

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: PKGBUILD wanted for smtp mail server with auth ???

*scratches head*
I don't believe there are any compile time requirements for this one. It should just be a matter of configuring the daemon (editing /etc/postfix/main.cf)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-02-06 10:21:29

justinsmithies

Cactus ,
            I want to let others at different locations not on my network send email through my postfix server only if they have accounts on the local system. So they would have to auth themselves by sending a username and password.
How do i set that up then if its just a case of editing the main.cf file ????

#4 2005-02-06 12:38:13

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#5 2005-02-06 12:52:46

justinsmithies

Do you have a working binary of Postfix with sasl , a current version not experimental ?
If so could you mail it to me ??

justin AT smithies.me.uk

I did try it myself but when i ran up postfix she would not answer on 25 it just froze.
Even using my working config files from my current postfix setup.

#6 2005-02-06 21:42:42

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

I don't use it myself. I have localhost only access, externally accessible via squirrel web main only.

Did it build ok when you did it? Seems odd that it would build fine, then just hang...
*scratches head*

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#7 2005-02-13 21:20:53

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

I have a srcpac rule for sasl with postfix posted in the new packages forum somewhere.  You can use that to add sasl to the current postfix package.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer