You are not logged in.

#26 2009-11-10 03:21:45

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: game: I wanna be the guy!

CalcAndCoffee wrote:
ngoonee wrote:
ezzetabi wrote:

`S' works... Thanks! I actually think it is counter-intuitive using a new key for skipping instead of jumping or shooting. But now I know: thanks!

ngoonee you might find this movie about the brain boss useful.

smile I did it, anyway. Was just a matter of finding the pattern, just like all the other bosses....

Am now at The Guy himself. Have been there for slightly less than a week, in fact. The big face is tough....

Good luck!  I watched one of the best gamers I know try that fight for a week or two before he finally gave up.

Did you guys need to do anything special to get saves to work?  I lost my progress whenever I restarted the program (which, of course, can be pretty frustrating with IWBTG... wink )

Am playing it on the 'spare' windows machine, since it doesn't have an special need for my powerful laptop (in comparison).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#27 2009-11-13 14:55:30

ezzetabi

CalcAndCoffee wrote:

Did you guys need to do anything special to get saves to work?  I lost my progress whenever I restarted the program (which, of course, can be pretty frustrating with IWBTG... wink )

Very stange, do you use wine or bin32-wine? Is your ~/.iwbtg directory readable and writeable? Does it contains a `save' directory?

#28 2009-11-13 15:07:10

hatten
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

I laugh at you all, I finished it a long time ago. While still using windows. I even have a t-shirt in my drawer proclaiming that i became the guy after 10 hours and 3,6k deaths. Once every 10 seconds.
I suspect I'm having unusually many kills without having given up. I didn't think it was really frustrating, it mainly killed my arm after all rapid clicking.

Good luck to all of you, you will need it.

#29 2009-11-13 18:17:08

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I finally finished it smile. Recorded time was about 3-4 hours, will have to check again. Man that was tough.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer