You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-06 13:32:44

bostoniman
Website

PHP problems

I pacman'd PHP for my server, and made some modifications to php.ini according to some instructions I found, but when I go to install phpBB, I get the following error message:

The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose

I know that the database exists, and I know the user for it exists.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  Is this a known issue?  How do I fix this?

#2 2005-02-06 14:00:47

sarah31
Website

Re: PHP problems

but is the module for it enabled in your apache config file? I am not sure of what arch turns onor off by default but since there are a few database options to choose from then I would guess that there probably not database module set to load in the apache config file.

This is a completely wild guess though

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2005-02-06 14:39:58

xerverius
Website

maybe you're using the new mysqli extension....

#4 2005-02-06 17:13:59

bostoniman
Website

Well, I enabled the PHP module in httpd.conf, but I didn't mess with anything related to database modules.  I'll look into that.  Also, at www.ba-zing.net/proxy.php I don't know what this error message that I get means.  I'm using a slightly modified version of pHproxy, and I don't understand what the problem is.  Any help would be appreciated.

#5 2005-02-06 21:32:13

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

uncomment the following at the bottom of /etc/php.ini, if it is not already done. (that means you need to remove the ; from the front of it).
extension=mysql.so

restart apache
/etc/rc.d/httpd restart

enjoy.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer