You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-28 14:08:01

kurt

netcfg & wireless not working

Since today I cannot get my wireless connection up and running:

netcfg virgin
:: virgin up                                                                [BUSY]
- Authentication/association failed                               [ FAIL]

The virgin profile file is as follows:

CONNECTION="wireless"
DESCRIPTION="A simple WPA encrypted wireless connection"
INTERFACE="wlan0"
SECURITY="wpa"
ESSID="Rowland-VM"
KEY="########"
IP="dhcp"

#2 2009-11-28 15:50:08

Trent

Re: netcfg & wireless not working

You haven't given us much to go on.  You say "since today" -- was it working already and suddenly stopped?  What might have prompted this -- upgrade, power failure (to the AP), moving your desk, maybe even the introduction of radio interference from other sources?  Or was it apparently without cause?

Your config looks good to me.

#3 2009-11-28 15:59:19

kurt

Trent wrote:

You haven't given us much to go on.  You say "since today" -- was it working already and suddenly stopped?  What might have prompted this -- upgrade, power failure (to the AP), moving your desk, maybe even the introduction of radio interference from other sources?  Or was it apparently without cause?

Your config looks good to me.

My apologies. Yes it was working fine. I was in the middle of downloading new headers with PAN when the connection started to slow and then stopped all together. I power cycled my router as this usually fixes the problem but since then I cannot get the link to load.

The router and the Internet Connection are both fine as I'm using it  (wirelessly) from my works laptop (running windows) to post this message.

#4 2009-11-28 17:13:08

kurt

OK got it working again. It appears other people had the same problem and the only way to get it working again was to power off (not just reboot but a full power off). This I did and it's working again.

In the same posts there was also references to commenting out the "require dhcp_server_identifier" line in /etc/dhcpcd.conf to stop a re-occurrence.

# A ServerID is required by RFC2131.
# Some broken DHCP servers do not send one and dhcpcd can work without it.
# Some broken DHCP servers NAK incorrectly and do not include a ServerID
# either so the default is to require a ServerID.
require dhcp_server_identifier

It's all a bit strange as everything being working fine for months.

Board footer