You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-14 19:46:58

bananaoomarang

network errors

Are we sure there isn 't a bug in the arch kernel sources or something because I have had particularly bad experience with wireless and proxys on arch. 

I saw the dhcpcd timeout thread I am not using that version but am still getting timeout erors I have had horrendus problems with this isa proxy for ever on arch it just doesn't work. On every other distrubution I have ever used cntlm and ntlmaps have worked flawlesly and so has firefox. There is something wrong with an integral layer bettween my apps and using the web such as dhcpcd. This is something deep it's been her sience at least 2.6.29 (the first time I used arch). What does arch do that other distrubutions don't with wireless or proxys. It has worked absolutly fine with sabayon 5.0-5.1. opensuse 11.1. ubuntu 8.04 - 9.10.

PLEASE someone help or give some suggestion this is the main thing that really doesn't work I have used two different computers. One with an atheros card and one with an intel card (which I am using now) timeouts are seemingly random with firefox but always happen with everything else. I also have some random timeouts when not using the proxy so this is something to do with JUST arch.

#2 2010-01-15 13:10:57

bananaoomarang

Re: network errors

ok maybe it is to do with the lease file as well but I am not using the up to date version of dhcpcd. I will try the lease file fix.

EDIT:Lease file didn't work. Is it possible to update dhcpcd without pacman?

Last edited by bananaoomarang (2010-01-16 10:28:28)

#3 2010-01-16 18:04:15

bananaoomarang

Re: network errors

ok does ANYBODY have ANY ideas. even just a small suggestion about setting up internet orsetting up ntlmaps/cntlm on arch.

Board footer