You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-19 14:18:49

hadian
Website

[SOLVED] pptp vpn connection

i installed Arch and kdemode as it is described in the documents. also the pptpclient and networkmanager-pptp packages are installed. i have added network and networkmanager to DAEMONS section of rc.conf.  when i login to kde, i have the network manager applet and i created the pptp vpn connection using this applet. when i want to connect to this connection and click on the name of the connection in that applet nothing happend as if it is not active while the same process is working on other linux distroes. is there any other packages that i should install?
i noted that the "kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4" package is installed but the "networkmanager" package is not installed and when i want to install it, i get the followings:

# pacman -S networkmanager
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: networkmanager conflicts with kdemod-networkmanager-git. Remove kdemod-networkmanager-git? [Y/n] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4: requires kdemod-networkmanager-git>=20090905

Regards

Last edited by hadian (2010-01-20 11:33:22)

#2 2010-01-20 11:32:58

hadian
Website

Re: [SOLVED] pptp vpn connection

i removed kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4 and kdemod-networkmanager-git and installed networkmanager and network-manager-applet and now it works well.

Board footer