You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-07 21:35:54

JonathanArcher

Can't get Xmonad to set keyboard layout automatically

I finally gave Xmonad a try, since I have been interested in tiling WMs for a while now, and I like it so far. But there is a very simple problem which I just can't figure out, somehow I can't get it to use a different keyboard layout without me manually doing it via the terminal.

So, I've set everything in my rc.conf, locale.gen, HAL (in the 10-keymap.fdi file) but as none of this had any effect I tried to put the "setxkbmap" command into my .xinitrc, which also did not work. When I type it manually into the console, everything is fine, so I am a bit confused why it does not work in the .xinitrc.

I also use KDE4, so I still login with KDM, if that is of any importance. In KDE4 I have everything the way I want it, just Xmonad won't accept it.

Oh, and I have seen this topic here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85384
But when I put my keyboard in the xorg.conf somehow it stops working completely. And as I had enough stress configuring and throwing out stuff out of this config file, I rather wanted to find a different solution than getting my keyboard to work again.

Last edited by JonathanArcher (2010-02-07 21:38:44)

Board footer