You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-28 23:28:50

dadexter
Website

Linksys BEFSR41

hey guys

Anybody know if a Linksys BEFSR41 can be used as a router instead of a nat box?

I have NAT already on a Debian server, but I want to be able to access the machines behind the Linksys directly instead of having to setup port forwarding on the router and connect to it through the router

#2 2005-03-01 01:04:09

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Linksys BEFSR41

I am almost positive that it can.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-03-01 01:57:21

dadexter
Website

you wouldn't have any info on how to set it up though?

I'm not too hot in networking, so if you can give me any pointers, that would be great...

#4 2005-03-01 06:44:24

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

i would search the net. I am sure there is documentaion out there..maybe even on the linksys website..it is a product they sell after all..why not milk the support you deserve from a bundled product.

If you make no headway in the coming days, I will try to assist..just pm me or something..
I am very busy the next couple of days, so that is why I am a bit reticent to assist you at this time..

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer