You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-03 08:09:48

MNKyDeth

Audigy2zs and mic problem

I have been using Arch for some time now and it never really bugges me till lately. I use TeamSpeak for playing games on my machine but I have always had to use Alsa 1.06 in order to use mic. Alsa 1.07 and 1.08 in Arch Linux remove the mic capture from the alsamixer control.

I have tried some experimenting and turned all the volume levels all the way up but I still didn't get any output to the guys on TeamSpeak. If I use Alsa 1.06 it works perfectly. I don't use any modules in Arch, I compile my own kernel so all my hardware is built into it.

I was just wondering if this is a package problem or some sort of compat problem with alsa after 1.06.

I have read on alsa's site and have done many searches but can't seem to find much pertinent info to help me with this.
I dislike the modules.conf and such that's why i always do sutom kernels as I know all my hardware is supported this way and loaded.

Any info on how to get mic capture working with alsa 1.07 or 1.08 on an Audigy2zs would be great.

#2 2005-03-03 16:18:16

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Re: Audigy2zs and mic problem

I have the same sound card and had the same experience with the mic. The best info I could get out of this is the enable full duplex, but I still couldn't get it to work. I also cant get 3D depth control to work or some of the other adjustments either - do you have this problem as well? It almost seems as if alsa is using a generic driver for it.

Anyways, I dont have a solution to your problem but I thought I would mention my experience with it too...maybe it would help determine the problem. smile

#3 2005-03-03 19:51:59

MNKyDeth

Well, I have alsamixer mic boost unmuted and the mic playback all the way up. I can hear myself in the headset from my mic but the guys are not hearing me talk when I do.

With alsa 1.06 I have the mic capture option in the alsamixer panel aswell as the mic boost and the mic playback. They can hear me with mic capture volume up, mic boost unmuted. I can have the mic playback all the way down and they can still hear me. I am just not understanding why 1.07 or 1.08 removes the mic capture feature from the panel.

As for the 3d depth and such I havn't messed with those as I use a headset with a mic. I don't have any regular comp speakers currently. But, I did have all the volume controls turned all the way up at one point to see if one of the settings was acting as the mic capture but I don't think any are.

#4 2005-03-09 03:14:59

MNKyDeth

Well, such a simple problem giving so many troubles lol. Anyways, i figured it out for all that have an Audigy2zs and a mic and have been having this problem.

Type alsamixer -V all and it should show all the output and capture that your card is capable of. This worked for me and what lead me to what it was is that I finally decided to try gnome and it had all the volume controls for me, while I had the 1.08 alsa-utils installed.

alsamixer was showing just the output of the OSS and not alsa or capture. Doing the -V all option after alsamixer shows every possible feature that your sound card supports.

alsamixer -V all

>.<

Board footer