You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-05 05:06:56

soloport

[Solved] Bug In iptables Build

Seems as though I may have stumbled onto a bug.  I use the iptables' "recent" module and noticed it missing when iptables tried to load my ruleset (i.e. "/etc/rc.d/iptables start" complained).

After learning about /var/abs/local, makepkg, etc. and lots of debugging of the main Makefile, I finally got it working.  With the following patch added to PKGBUILD, it will build against the installed kernel:

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  sed -i "s:/usr/local:/usr:" Makefile
  sed -i "s:/usr/src/linux:/usr/src/linux*:" Makefile # <-- PATCH: add this line
  make || return 1
  make PREFIX=$startdir/pkg/usr install

The original package doesn't seem to build against the installed kernel.  In fact, I don't see how the normall build process would succeed without knowing where the kernel is installed -- but it does, to some limited extent.

#2 2005-03-05 06:41:46

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: [Solved] Bug In iptables Build

did you load the module in your modules list?
i, for instance, have
ip_conntrack_ftp
in my modules list..

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-03-05 07:27:56

soloport

did you load the module in your modules list?

Would work if there was a /usr/lib/iptables/libipt_recent.so file to load big_smile

When the iptables package builds against the kernel installation, it happily includes that file.  Thereafter, adding the ipt_recent module in the list isn't really necessary, as the module gets loadded on-demand.

(And, yes, I went to the trouble of unraveling what I did earlier, adding the module and restarting, just to be double-sure  8) [puts it all back, now])

#4 2005-03-10 15:19:34

soloport

Ok, once again, after doing pacman -Suy, I got an iptables updated install that is apparently *not* built against the installed kernel (which is entirely vanila Arch).  See my post above for general work-around...

Can this please be fixed?

Thanks!

#5 2005-03-10 18:15:01

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

soloport, in the meantime, you might try using srcpac to ease your recompile malaise..

ps. did you file a bug report/feature request on bugs.archlinux.org?

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#6 2005-03-10 22:59:51

soloport

Like here?
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=details&id=2349

All signed up and everything!  Now I *really* feel like a "Regular"  8)

#7 2005-03-10 23:17:15

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

yes. you might want to add what module exactly you are having trouble with. Try to be as specific as possible.

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

Board footer