You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-01 10:46:04

mthdr

permission problem?

Hi,

I'm new here and fairly new to Arch (been using it about 4 months now). I chose it because its one of the few optimized distributions. I was reading an interview with the maintainers of Arch and one of their biggest annoyances was people not doing updates and then complaining when things don't work; so I do updates every couple of weeks.... I did one last week and now I'm having problems.

The main one I believe is permission issues, though I can't track it down. I use a VPN java client to connect to a customers VPN. It worked perfectly until the update. Now in the logs of the client I get the errors at the bottom of this post; I'm not expecting anyone to decipher these, I've just included them as this is the only hint I get as to what the problem my be.

If I run the VPN client as 'root', it connects fine, but not as a standard user which use to work until the latest update that I ran. As stated, I believe this is a permission issue. When it connects it creates a device that gkrelm lists as tun0.

Can anyone point me as to where I would need to start looking?

Thanks

--------- LOG ERRORS ----------

ERROR  2010/04/01 11:33:11:737 NetMessenger - MessageHandler - DO_SI-PROV SUCCESS
ERROR  2010/04/01 11:33:12:300 AWT-EventQueue-0 - AgentHandler - Agent [NGC] is not supported by this client
ERROR  2010/04/01 11:33:26:180 AWT-EventQueue-0 - AgentHandler - Agent [NGC] is not supported by this client
ERROR  2010/04/01 11:33:32:010 Tunnel-Starter - Tunnel - Unable to establish control socket - AvConnect failed to start
java.lang.Exception: Unable to establish control socket - AvConnect failed to start
    at com.aventail.nixct.tunnel.Tunnel.connectControlSocket(Tunnel.java:228)
    at com.aventail.nixct.tunnel.Tunnel.startTunnel(Tunnel.java:199)
    at com.aventail.nixct.tunnel.Tunnel.start(Tunnel.java:82)
    at com.aventail.nixct.engine.GUIController.startTunnel(GUIController.java:479)
    at com.aventail.nixct.ui.MainWindowMsgController$12.run(MainWindowMsgController.java:850)

Board footer