You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-25 01:51:37

maxs139

Deleting package and all dependencies with it?

Hi everyone in the Arch Linux forum! Let me just first say... I LOVE ARCH LINUX big_smile. Screw ubuntu. Lol. However I do have a wee problem. I accidentally installed the KDE version of a program (I'm using Gnome!) called Acetone Iso. (in the AUR) Using Yaourt. and I've been trying to figure out how to remove it. and all the dependencies it installed. I have done some research. I've tryed doing Pacman -Rs but. it won't remove the additional programs. I've tried using Yaourt to do the same thing. but nothing. Is there perhaps an easy way to do this? Or am I screwed and have to remove them the hard way.

Thank you everyone! cool

Linux is the penguin we all need and love. Somtimes it can be hard keeping a penguin. But once we get through the hard. We're rewarded. The penguin always gives me a good challenge. And that's the way I like it. Winblows. Blows.

#2 2010-06-25 01:58:20

flamelab

Re: Deleting package and all dependencies with it?

pacman -Rcn for the package+deps and -Rcns for package+deps+deep deps (be careful on that)

#3 2010-06-25 02:00:13

George.Harmony

The -Rs will only remove those dependencies that are not needed by other programs. Have you checked the wiki or the man page.

Desktop:  Compiz Stand Alone w/ Cairo Dock.
Laptop:    Pekwm w/ Tint2
Jukebox:   MPD w/ cli
Gateway: Vuurmuur w/dialog

#4 2010-06-25 02:24:13

maxs139

@flamelab Thanks alot. It helps. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly. But it will work. and yes I checked the wiki. Thank you so much everyone for your assistance smile

Linux is the penguin we all need and love. Somtimes it can be hard keeping a penguin. But once we get through the hard. We're rewarded. The penguin always gives me a good challenge. And that's the way I like it. Winblows. Blows.

#5 2010-06-25 02:40:24

maxs139

Now would anyone know how to write the currently installed programs to a text file. I know you can list them with pacman -Qs but it does't list them all......

#6 2010-06-25 02:44:58

JohnVV
Website

use std output

su -
pacman -Qs >  PacmanInstalled.txt

#7 2010-06-25 02:52:21

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

maxs139 wrote:

Now would anyone know how to write the currently installed programs to a text file. I know you can list them with pacman -Qs but it does't list them all......

It definitely lists them all, its just that your terminal emulator scrolls and so you can't see them all at once.
You can either write them to a file as JohnVV suggested or simply pipe them to "more" or "less"

pacman -Qs | less

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#8 2010-06-25 03:04:10

maxs139

Thank you all so much. I've never seen such excellent support on a forum before. I owe you all my life... or.. rather.. my computer. LOL

Board footer