You are not logged in.

#26 2010-07-05 21:11:36

Ogion

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Actually, i find what vimperator does better. That is you can combine letters and numbers. You can type a substring of the string that is the link (like on the forum "new" for all the New Posts links) and then it reduces the shown hints to just the links that have "new" in the linkname.

Ogion

(my-dotfiles)
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
"Enlightenment is man's leaving his self-caused immaturity." - Immanuel Kant

#27 2010-07-05 21:46:50

igor_b

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,
If you have downloaded the script you have to add the exact path to it in the jumanjirc file. Then, after the page has been loaded, the script will be automatically loaded and you should be able to use >f< for this feature like you can see it on the screenshots.

would it be possible to load script while page is loading. this way you don't have to wait for all the images to load before using hints. also, some pages have some problems with hints. for example try going to facebook.com without being logged on. i can't get to focus any field.

edit: seems like i can't focus any field using hints. i type number, hints dissapear and that's it
edit2: also, it segfaults when try to open an image in new window

nevertheless, great little browser with a lot of potential.

cheers!

Last edited by igor_b (2010-07-05 22:02:28)

#28 2010-07-05 22:21:47

rb

Ogion wrote:

Actually, i find what vimperator does better. That is you can combine letters and numbers. You can type a substring of the string that is the link (like on the forum "new" for all the New Posts links) and then it reduces the shown hints to just the links that have "new" in the linkname.

Ogion

Indeed it does, and that's exactly why I consider that's quite inferior to Vimium (hint sytle). I usually end hitting the numbers, because to match the url that I want with some sub-string usually takes at least 3~4 letters + Enter, way to much typing. I much rather hit AD, FF. KA, DJ, o whatsoever than a sub-string hoping that with a few chars matchs que correct link.

Of course, its my point of view tongue

Sorry for my English. Feel free to point out my errors.

#29 2010-07-06 07:11:48

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

If you are interested in more flexible Vimperator like navigation have a look at the VimNav script.

I designed it for Midori use so it will not directly be applicable here. But perhaps you may want to experiment with user definable collateral sequences as implemented there.

Just to demonstrate the possibilities, an excerpt from the configuration section:

/*
 * Collateral Sequences
 * -----------------------
 * There are several label number representations possible. Just uncomment the
 * one you want.
 * Note that the first symbol in sequence will be treated as zero equivalent
 * and the labels will be get those zero equivalents prepended if necessary,
 * e.g. the number 1 in a three-digit "alpha" sequence will show as "aab".
 */
var collSequence = "optimal";   // automatic: find shortest to type sequence
// var collSequence = "numeric";   // decimal numbers
// var collSequence = "alpha";     // lower case letter sequences
// var collSequence = "longalpha"; // lower followed by upper case letters
// This can be any unique sequence of symbols, e.g.:
// var collSequence = "asdfghjkl"; // home row keys (for touch typers)
// var collSequence = "uiophjklnm"; // right hand only
/*

It would be interesting to see whether (and how) such a concept could be adapted to jumanji.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#30 2010-07-06 08:25:48

benob

Looks very promising. I really like the color scheme.

A little help on default keybindings/commands would be nice (how do I load a new url?). Maybe add :help
How about clicking tabs?
Also, the display is slower than chromium on gmail for instance.

#31 2010-07-06 08:48:17

neldoreth

Hello,

benob wrote:

A little help on default keybindings/commands would be nice (how do I load a new url?). Maybe add :help.

man jumanji

Best regards

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#32 2010-07-06 08:55:55

portix

bernarcher wrote:

It would be interesting to see whether (and how) such a concept could be adapted to jumanji.

Does jumanji support userscripts? Then VimNav should work out of the box with jumanji, since i guess jumanji and midori use the same Javascript engine.

#33 2010-07-06 08:58:31

neldoreth

Hello,

portix wrote:
bernarcher wrote:

Does jumanji support userscripts? Then VimNav should work out of the box with jumanji, since i guess jumanji and midori use the same Javascript engine.

Since both are using libwebkit, yes. You can load scripts with "script /path/to/script" in your jumajirc.

Best regards

#34 2010-07-06 09:29:55

benob

neldoreth wrote:

man jumanji

was a bit too obvious wink

A few other comments:
- open local files without file://
- target="_blank" does not open a new tab
- middle click to paste text in inputs tries to load a url and fails

#35 2010-07-06 11:13:22

Andrwe
Website

Nice project. smile

Unfortunately I believe I found a bug.
If you map e.g. d to quit and then press d jumanji quits although quit should just close the current tab.
And one thing I've found is that sometimes you have to press <tab> to get focus of a page so hinting will work.

#36 2010-07-06 11:29:17

gorky

One more question - is there a way to open pdf files with pdf reader instead of downloading them?
And to handle the 'mailto:' links?

#37 2010-07-06 15:22:15

quigybo

Ogion wrote:

+1: I rarely need more than 2-3 letters for a unique match, but more importantly it can narrow down a large number of links to just a few, then you can finish it off with a single digit. And there are a lot of links that have standard text so you don't even need to know where they are on the page, like 'home' and 'screenshots'.

#38 2010-07-06 15:38:35

V for Vivian

I get segmentation faults when I go to comedycentral.com or deviantart.com or when I click on a youtube video for example. No idea how to trace that kind of stuff or what kind of information one would need to debug.

I'm not complaining, just mentioning smile

YES WE CAN
(but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to)

#39 2010-07-06 20:09:40

skanky

I'm being very stupid here, but how do you load a bookmark?

"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."  - John Ruskin
"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

#40 2010-07-06 20:15:48

neldoreth

Hello,

V for Vivian wrote:

I can't reproduce that, which versions are you using?

skanky wrote:

Just use the completion of the (tab)(win)open command:

:open *part of bookmark* + Tab

I guess I will make a bookmark list in the next days.

Best regards

#41 2010-07-06 20:23:22

skanky

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

V for Vivian wrote:

skanky wrote:

Just use the completion of the (tab)(win)open command:

:open *part of bookmark* + Tab

Best regards

Excellent, many thanks.

"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

#42 2010-07-06 21:12:29

V for Vivian

neldoreth wrote:
V for Vivian wrote:

I'm using the newest version from git://pwmt.org/jumanji.git (just recloned and installed to be sure). The versions of some dependencies (glib2 and gtk2) are a bit newer than mentioned in the README, they are from the official arch repos. While writing this I uninstalled flash and gnash plugins and now it does not crash anymore! I guess there was something messed up with the plugins.

Sorry for the confusion roll

Edit01: After reinstalling flashplugin I can watch youtube and stuff, so as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with jumanji.

Edit02: Thank you!

Last edited by V for Vivian (2010-07-06 21:16:16)

YES WE CAN

#43 2010-07-07 07:26:30

tzervo

Excellent interface to a very good web engine. Thanks a lot for this contribution. It is like surf with hints. I like it.

#44 2010-07-07 08:27:21

skanky

neldoreth wrote:

No need, I think:

:open <Tab>

Opens a list of bookmarks. It opens the search engines and history too, but the bookmarks is pretty prominent.

Thanks for this. It is now the main browser for my netbook.

Last edited by skanky (2010-07-07 08:27:48)

#45 2010-07-07 11:01:25

V for Vivian

I have two questions:

1) I've disabled the status bar in config.h (gboolean show_statusbar  = FALSE;). Now when I start jumanji, the status bar is not visible as expected. But as soon as I go to a page with the open command, it appears and stays there after loading the page. My fault again?

2) Can I only allow certain sites to set cookies?

Thanks,
Viv

YES WE CAN

#46 2010-07-07 11:10:52

neldoreth

Hello,

V for Vivian wrote:

1) I've disabled the status bar in config.h (gboolean show_statusbar  = FALSE;). Now when I start jumanji, the status bar is not visible as expected. But as soon as I go to a page with the open command, it appears and stays there after loading the page. My fault again?

I am afraid I can not reproduce that, not over the config.h file nor the jumanjirc (set show_statusbar false).

V for Vivian wrote:

A cookie whitelist is on my TODO list.

Best regards

#47 2010-07-07 11:17:56

V for Vivian

neldoreth wrote:
V for Vivian wrote:

I am afraid I can not reproduce that, not over the config.h file nor the jumanjirc (set show_statusbar false).

It only happens when I use tab to autocomplete. I've set it now in jumanjirc too, no change.

neldoreth wrote:
V for Vivian wrote:

A cookie whitelist is on my TODO list.

Great!

Last edited by V for Vivian (2010-07-07 11:19:03)

YES WE CAN

#48 2010-07-07 12:04:54

ntness

Beautiful browser...just one question. How can I hide/disable the titlebar (via set command or jumanjirc)? Thanks for your contribution!

Last edited by ntness (2010-07-07 12:05:47)

transcend to the fifth abode

#49 2010-07-07 12:25:12

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

I get a segmentation fault on using the 'Open link in New Window' option on the right click menu. The first few warnings are something that I get on clicking any link. Segmentation fault occurs when I click 'Open in New Window'

╔═[08:22]═[inxs @ arch]
╚═══===═══[~]>> jumanji

(jumanji:30213): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1: Entity did not end with a semicolon; most likely you used an ampersand character without intending to start an entity - escape ampersand as &

(jumanji:30213): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1: Entity did not end with a semicolon; most likely you used an ampersand character without intending to start an entity - escape ampersand as &

Segmentation fault

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#50 2010-07-07 12:37:00

V for Vivian

Inxsible wrote:

I get a segmentation fault on using the 'Open link in New Window' option on the right click menu.

Same here. I don't need this, though.

YES WE CAN

Board footer