You are not logged in.

#101 2010-07-08 19:41:43

neldoreth

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello

gazj wrote:

I have this in my jumanjirc

set inputbar_fgcolor = #1793D1

for some reason the text just dissapears (or it is black).  What am I doing wrong?

set inputbar_fgcolor #1793D1

Best regards

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#102 2010-07-08 19:43:28

gazj
Website

That was very quick, I had figured it out, seconds after posting.

Thanks all the same.

#103 2010-07-08 19:48:49

moose jaw

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

moose jaw wrote:

One question: I can't seem to figure out how to stop a page from loading, for example to kill the loading of a page that is slow or stuck.  I see that ^c and ^Esc are mapped to "abort", but this doesn't seem to do anything for me.  This would be useful mostly in conjunction with the input_hinting_mode script, since it's not possible to follow hints until after the page is fully loaded (and, for example, nytimes.com seems to hang at about 90% for me fairly frequently, meaning that I can't follow hints on it)

It is now possible with :stop - I will try loading the scripts earlier later on.

Best regards

Brilliant!  The earlier loading of the scripts works too (though the color highlighting seems to be gone, for some reason)

Thanks again for your great (and fast!) work

#104 2010-07-08 19:58:49

goran'agar

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

goran'agar wrote:

number two: define in the jumanjirc file the default width and height without having to edit the config.h file.

This is also possible since "day 1": set width 500, set height 600

Best regards

ah, thanks. i tried with default_width and default_height and it didn't work, now I understand why wink

Sony Vaio VPCM13M1E  - Arch Linux - LXDE

#105 2010-07-08 19:59:24

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

oh and how should i map keys with arguments in jumanjirc (like nav_history)?

map x nav_history forward

i've tried many different combinations, but i can't seem to get this working..

ideally i'd want to use super_r-left and right, i didn't see super_r so i first tried:

map <Super-Left> nav_history back
map <Super-Right> nav_history forward

but this doesn't do anything. then i tried some other special keys with the same result..

what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by litemotiv (2010-07-08 20:00:22)

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#106 2010-07-08 20:01:27

neldoreth

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

what am i doing wrong?

You should try <Super> and <Left> instead of Super and Left like they are defined in the config.h

Best regards

#107 2010-07-08 20:03:07

gazj
Website

Ok defining all colours works apart from this one.

set completion_g_bgcolor #1793D1

#108 2010-07-08 20:07:09

neldoreth

gazj wrote:

git pull

Best regards

#109 2010-07-08 20:27:35

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

what am i doing wrong?

You should try <Super> and <Left> instead of Super and Left like they are defined in the config.h

Best regards

could you please give a working example of this? super-left (left-alt + left-arrow) and super-right combos that is.

and if there's a way to add Super_r too that'd be ossum. smile

*thanks a bunch*

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#110 2010-07-08 20:42:21

gazj
Website

neldoreth wrote:
gazj wrote:

git pull

Best regards

Working great.  Thanks

Just a couple more questions (I think, then I will leave you alone promise)

How do I enter insert mode, i does not seem to work?
Can I set up gh as go home like vimperator.  I am really trying to do this in jumanjirc but am failing misserably
Can I set up m to book mark the page.  I am currently trying this "map m bmark"
Can I map the middle mouse button to open in new window rather than in a new tab

This is a great great browser.  Keep up the good work.  I'm really tempted to unistall firefox wink

Last edited by gazj (2010-07-08 20:44:12)

#111 2010-07-08 20:57:26

gazj
Website

Sorry, one more thing.  Not sure why it happens.  But the keys home, page up, page down, and end work say on this forum post, but not on the forum index page.  I was just about to define the keys, tried them on a another page and they already worked.

EDIT!: Scrap that, it seems to work now.  I must be tired.

EDIT2: It does seem to be a bug, after using the scrollwheel on the mouse the buttons start working, until you next restart jumanji again.

Last edited by gazj (2010-07-08 21:16:39)

#112 2010-07-08 22:02:24

neldoreth

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

could you please give a working example of this? super-left (left-alt + left-arrow) and super-right combos that is.

I am sorry, I was wrong, for the modifier part (the left one), you can only use C (Control) or S (Shift), I added now a W that should apply
for the Super Button.

Best regards

#113 2010-07-08 22:06:02

neldoreth

Hello,

gazj wrote:

How do I enter insert mode, i does not seem to work?

This only works with the hint script, because this drops the current status in the console. I am not satisfied with this method, because it is not reliable enough.

gazj wrote:

Can I set up gh as go home like vimperator.  I am really trying to do this in jumanjirc but am failing misserably

You can not map buffered commands right now, for this you would have to write a new function.

gazj wrote:

Can I set up m to book mark the page.  I am currently trying this "map m bmark"

There is no shortcut for bookmarking now, so you can't map a function.

gazj wrote:

Can I map the middle mouse button to open in new window rather than in a new tab

Change line 3436 to new_window instead of create_tab.

Best regards

#114 2010-07-08 22:25:39

PPmarcel

Hello neldoreth.

When i visited pwmt.org, I thought it looked like suckless.org. Indeed you are both using werc, and you definitly share the same philosophy of lightweigh and efficience. I just love it smile

Anyway, I never tryed web browsers such as jumanji or uzbl, but I have to say that jumanji seems easier to use and definitly out of the box (for my usages). I wanted to know 2 things and point out a problem:

1) There is a bookmark manager. We can add links in it, and it's stored in .config/jumanji/bookmarks. But can we call it from jumanji, and manage links with kind of categories?

2) When I launch jumanji, the zoom is a bit high and I have to reduice it for each new tab. Can I fix it somehow in config.h or jumajirc?

3) When i try to connect to this website: " koreus.com ", it crash immediatly. I can't find any debug mode to say what could be the cause, but i guess the problem comes from a script.

Good luck with you product, I think I will just adopt it wink

#115 2010-07-08 22:36:11

neldoreth

Hi,

PPmarcel wrote:

1) There is a bookmark manager. We can add links in it, and it's stored in .config/jumanji/bookmarks. But can we call it from jumanji, and manage links with kind of categories?

Categories are not possible, but you can browse through the links with the completion of the  (tab)(win)open function.

PPmarcel wrote:

2) When I launch jumanji, the zoom is a bit high and I have to reduice it for each new tab. Can I fix it somehow in config.h or jumajirc?

Mhm... it should show it in the original size.

PPmarcel wrote:

3) When i try to connect to this website: " koreus.com ", it crash immediatly. I can't find any debug mode to say what could be the cause, but i guess the problem comes from a script.

Works for me: http://omploader.org/vNHZrdA

Best regards

#116 2010-07-08 23:10:41

portix

PPmarcel wrote:

I guess you have openjdk6 instead of jre installed?

#117 2010-07-08 23:13:46

ntness

Is anyone having luck mapping back to a different key? I've tried multiple iterations (map b back, map <b> back, map b backward, etc, etc, etc, etc). However, with other functions (such as quit and reload) I'm able to map to whichever key I want and it works fine. neutral

Last edited by ntness (2010-07-08 23:16:18)

transcend to the fifth abode

#118 2010-07-08 23:14:20

PPmarcel

Ok, about the size I will look around policy size. I think it's due to my little screen, I apologyze to have accused jumanji about the website issue smile

Portix: right, jre is even not installed, I forgot it ...

Last edited by PPmarcel (2010-07-08 23:15:46)

#119 2010-07-08 23:20:43

d2ogch3n

ntness wrote:

Is anyone having luck mapping back to a different key? I've tried multiple iterations (map b back, map <b> back, map b backward, etc, etc, etc, etc). However, with other functions (such as quit and reload) I'm able to map to whichever key I want and it works fine. neutral

Here's what I'm using in my jumanjirc

# keybinds
map b nav_history previous
map m nav_history next

Is anyone able to use a stylesheet? I have set stylesheet ~/.config/jumanji/darkarch.css but this or any other stylesheet isn't working.

#120 2010-07-08 23:23:41

ntness

d2ogch3n wrote:
ntness wrote:

Here's what I'm using in my jumanjirc

# keybinds
map b nav_history previous
map m nav_history next

Is anyone able to use a stylesheet? I have set stylesheet ~/.config/jumanji/darkarch.css but this or any other stylesheet isn't working.

Wonderful...thanks much!

transcend to the fifth abode

#121 2010-07-09 01:35:21

rosban

Maybe it is just being blind or something but where is the config.h and jumanjirc files located at ??

#122 2010-07-09 03:37:40

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

rosban wrote:

Maybe it is just being blind or something but where is the config.h and jumanjirc files located at ??

config.def.h is included in the source tarball. jumanjirc is something that you have to create under ~/.config/jumanji

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#123 2010-07-09 03:38:28

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

weather.com simply gives me a blank white page, after it has loaded about 89%. Does anyone else have the same problem/

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-09 03:38:41)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#124 2010-07-09 04:44:03

fflarex

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

benob wrote:

Any idea how I can set a proxy? I use http_proxy but it won't change anything.

1. set proxy foo
2. export HTTP_PROXY=foo
3. http://pwmt.org/jumanji/faq/

Best regards

http_proxy (in lower case) is the preferred environment variable. See here for details: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2001-12/0034.html

I don't think the capitalization actually poses a security risk here, as it does with curl, but still...

#125 2010-07-09 09:11:12

skanky

Inxsible wrote:

weather.com simply gives me a blank white page, after it has loaded about 89%. Does anyone else have the same problem/

On the wrong machine to test, but I found that after adding privoxy, a website I visit (www.xperteleven.com) regularly halts half loaded. Normally a reload 'r' then works, but every now and then it requires two or three. I'm pretty certain the issue didn't occur before privoxy was added, so I need to have a look at my settings for that. It's a flash/js intensive site though, so I'm currently thinking that's the reason.

If you're using privoxy, try disabling it and see if that cures it. Gives a start point to work from.

"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."  - John Ruskin
"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

Board footer