You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-21 22:25:12

Archifan

Audio, Compiz and USB-Drive

Hi,

I get a error message when i try to open the volume controll. Gstream can't find any sound card??? (I installed Alsa with the beginnerguide)
When i stard the compiz-icon the window bar disappears and i can not configure it with the emeral theme manager hmm?
When i'm trying to open my USB Hard Drive an error occurs, which says the following:

Rejected send message, 1 matced rules;
type="nethod_call",sender=":1,12"(uid=1000 pid=2578
comm="exo-mount)
interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume"
member="Mount" error name="(unset)" requested_replay=0
destination="org.freedesktop.Hal"(uid=0 pid=1789 comm="/usr/sbin"hald))

lg

#2 2010-07-21 22:43:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Audio, Compiz and USB-Drive

You should start new threads for each of your questions, things will get confusing pretty fast this way. Also you have too little detail on all 3 of your issues, so doubt anyone can help you much. Do things like starting apps/vol control from the terminal and paste the error messages AFTER googling them.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-07-21 22:51:19

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Audio, Compiz and USB-Drive

for usb -- what file manager are you using? Have you created any udev mount rules  to mount the external drives ?

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-21 22:51:28)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer