You are not logged in.

#51 2010-07-30 11:00:03

bones
Member
From: Brisbane
Registered: 2006-03-24
Posts: 321
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

Good work fellas. I like it. Like most things though it will take a little bit of time to get used to it.


"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline

#52 2010-07-30 11:14:04

baion baion
Member
From: Nicosia, Cyprus
Registered: 2009-06-13
Posts: 48

Re: Update of FluxBB

Nice to see the forums up and running again. Good work.

Offline

#53 2010-07-30 11:18:43

Acecero
Member
Registered: 2008-06-21
Posts: 1,373

Re: Update of FluxBB

Very nice! Way to stay bleeding edge in the spirit of Arch. smile

Offline

#54 2010-07-30 11:27:11

flamelab
Member
From: Athens, Hellas (Greece)
Registered: 2007-12-26
Posts: 2,160

Re: Update of FluxBB

Always nice big_smile:D

Offline

#55 2010-07-30 11:51:41

Ramses de Norre
Member
From: Leuven - Belgium
Registered: 2007-03-27
Posts: 1,289

Re: Update of FluxBB

Looks very nice! smile

Offline

#56 2010-07-30 12:15:19

Inxsible
Forum Fellow
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-06-09
Posts: 9,059

Re: Update of FluxBB

Nice  work !

I like the fact that the read threads are easily distinguishable.


Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Offline

#57 2010-07-30 12:42:02

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

Inxsible wrote:

Nice  work !

I like the fact that the read threads are easily distinguishable.

Mind elaborating on 'easily distinguishable'?

Offline

#58 2010-07-30 13:03:28

drcouzelis
Member
From: Connecticut, USA
Registered: 2009-11-09
Posts: 3,405
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

Oh thank goodness it's back! The Arch Linux forums have pretty much replaced Slashdot in my life. O_o

I would like to let you know that the full Arch Linux forums looks and runs smoothly even on the slowest web browser I have ever used. (the Nintendo DS browser for the DS Lite) Great work on keeping it simple. ^_^

Thanks!

Offline

#59 2010-07-30 13:38:58

Inxsible
Forum Fellow
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-06-09
Posts: 9,059

Re: Update of FluxBB

karol wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

Nice  work !

I like the fact that the read threads are easily distinguishable.

Mind elaborating on 'easily distinguishable'?

The "little blue whatchamacallits" --(your words from the media wiki thread) go grey once you click on the link...so its easier to figure out which links I have visited rather than having to note the last post date/time


Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Offline

#60 2010-07-30 13:40:52

vik_k
Member
From: Pune, India
Registered: 2009-07-12
Posts: 227
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

nice theme smile
loving it!!!


"First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming style. Then forget all that and just hack." ~ George Carrette

Offline

#61 2010-07-30 13:43:41

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

Inxsible wrote:
karol wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

Nice  work !

I like the fact that the read threads are easily distinguishable.

Mind elaborating on 'easily distinguishable'?

The "little blue whatchamacallits" --(your words from the media wiki thread) go grey once you click on the link...so its easier to figure out which links I have visited rather than having to note the last post date/time

I'm not 100% sure if we're talking about the same thing, but they were present in the previous design too and they indicate unread posts in a thread.
Unread _threads_ is another thing - those are threads you've not yet visited. The link to those threads is blue in the ArchLinux theme. If you click on it, it goes gray.

Offline

#62 2010-07-30 13:55:54

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 266
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

Looks great, thanks.

Offline

#63 2010-07-30 14:00:19

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

Offline

#64 2010-07-30 14:00:59

diegonc
Member
Registered: 2008-12-13
Posts: 42

Re: Update of FluxBB

When the theme is changed the archlinux header disappears.

BTW, nice dark themes, there are smile

Last edited by diegonc (2010-07-30 14:10:35)

Offline

#65 2010-07-30 14:33:13

GogglesGuy
Member
From: Rocket City
Registered: 2005-03-29
Posts: 603
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

drcouzelis wrote:

Oh thank goodness it's back! The Arch Linux forums have pretty much replaced Slashdot in my life. O_o

I do hope in a good way... tongue

Offline

#66 2010-07-30 14:37:44

Skripka
Member
From: 2X1280X1024
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 554

Re: Update of FluxBB

Ooooo.  Shiny.  Likee.

Offline

#67 2010-07-30 14:42:15

ozar
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2005-02-18
Posts: 1,681

Re: Update of FluxBB

Pierre, this definitely looks better than the previous version, so the time it took to upgrade was well worth it... thanks for all your hard work on it!


oz

Offline

#68 2010-07-30 14:46:02

Pierre
Developer
From: Bonn
Registered: 2004-07-05
Posts: 1,950
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

diegonc wrote:

When the theme is changed the archlinux header disappears.

BTW, nice dark themes, there are smile

The other themes are just those provided by upstream; so there are no links to our sites. I wont change them; we only have one official theme.

Offline

#69 2010-07-30 14:48:37

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

Pierre wrote:
diegonc wrote:

When the theme is changed the archlinux header disappears.

BTW, nice dark themes, there are smile

The other themes are just those provided by upstream; so there are no links to our sites. I wont change them; we only have one official theme.

Can you provide a visible mark that _this_ is a hyperlink? In the wiki there's a blue thingy to the right of the link, there's no such thing on the forums. Bold v. regular font is not enough for my poor eyes.

Offline

#70 2010-07-30 15:18:47

anonymous_user
Member
Registered: 2009-08-28
Posts: 3,058

Re: Update of FluxBB

The new themes and the "Automatically subscribe to every topic you post in." option make the wait sooo worth it. Thank you!

Offline

#71 2010-07-30 15:25:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow
From: Between Thailand and Singapore
Registered: 2009-03-17
Posts: 6,772

Re: Update of FluxBB

anonymous_user wrote:

The new themes and the "Automatically subscribe to every topic you post in." option make the wait sooo worth it. Thank you!

\me did not notice that option *goes to set it immediately*


Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Offline

#72 2010-07-30 15:27:19

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

ngoonee wrote:
anonymous_user wrote:

The new themes and the "Automatically subscribe to every topic you post in." option make the wait sooo worth it. Thank you!

\me did not notice that option *goes to set it immediately*

+1
Are there any more presents under the tree?

Offline

#73 2010-07-30 16:00:07

elasticdog
Member
From: Washington, USA
Registered: 2005-05-02
Posts: 995
Website

Re: Update of FluxBB

The theme looks great...thanks for all your hard work on the upgrade!

Offline

#74 2010-07-30 16:04:06

MkFly
Member
From: Mars
Registered: 2009-12-10
Posts: 141

Re: Update of FluxBB

This looks 95% very nice.  The other 5% I took care of with Stylish. smile

karol wrote:

Can you provide a visible mark that _this_ is a hyperlink? In the wiki there's a blue thingy to the right of the link, there's no such thing on the forums. Bold v. regular font is not enough for my poor eyes.

I don't think that those marks on the Wiki are meant to signify that _this_ is a hyperlink, but that _this_ is a hyperlink to an external resource (eg. outside of archlinux.org ... or maybe just outside of wiki.archlinux.org).

Last edited by MkFly (2010-07-30 16:04:45)

Offline

#75 2010-07-30 16:07:00

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,423

Re: Update of FluxBB

MkFly wrote:

This looks 95% very nice.  The other 5% I took care of with Stylish. smile

karol wrote:

Can you provide a visible mark that _this_ is a hyperlink? In the wiki there's a blue thingy to the right of the link, there's no such thing on the forums. Bold v. regular font is not enough for my poor eyes.

I don't think that those marks on the Wiki are meant to signify that _this_ is a hyperlink, but that _this_ is a hyperlink to an external resource (eg. outside of archlinux.org ... or maybe just outside of wiki.archlinux.org).

Not really
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/BBSFAQ
Just below big fat 'How to use BBS' you have a link. That link has a blue marker even though it leads to another wiki page.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB