You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-14 17:07:05

rosamez

JDvdKat (dvd catalogizer) PKGBUILD

short story: a very very simple PKGBUILD at pastebin for this java application

long story: I used Whereisit on Windows long ago, but found it very "closed", then I jumped to Hyper's CdCat, but that's not just unmaintained, but its XML format is terrible (it stores numerical values in a rounded form), so I wrote JDvdKat mainly for myself. Since I use it on Windows and Arch, thought someone may find a pkgbuild useful smile

There's a wiki/howto on the google code site: basically it has a gui part, where one can list the files and do searches and a crawler part which creates XML files from directory lists. Regards:

Szabolcs

#2 2010-08-14 17:20:57

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: JDvdKat (dvd catalogizer) PKGBUILD

It would be great if you put it in AUR as well. All the AUR helpers can then search and install it seamlessly.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2010-08-14 17:51:05

rosamez

Inxsible wrote:

It would be great if you put it in AUR as well. All the AUR helpers can then search and install it seamlessly.

To be honest I don't want to maintain the PKGBUILD (basically it's just a standalone jar file meaning it should be very portable): I don't store the individual releases on google code (limited space), so with each released build the sha1sum will be different - if I forget to update the ebuild then it will cease to work and right now I don't want to move to sourceforge.

#4 2010-08-16 11:01:22

Stefan Husmann

Uploading to AUR does not mean you have to maintain it there. You can just orphan it afterwards, and anyone can adopt it. Or, if you agree, someone else can upload your PKGBUILD to AUR.

The PKGBUILD itself should use arch=('any'), and not use mv and mkdir. the install command is the way to go.

#5 2010-08-16 21:14:03

rosamez

Thank you for your comments and for helping me: even if I use "install" for mkdir and move, I still need to create the shell script with echo, or is there a nicer way?

install -D $startdir/$pkgname.jar $pkgdir/usr/share/$pkgname/$pkgname.jar || return 1
        echo -e "#!/bin/bash\n\ncd /usr/share/$pkgname/\n/opt/java/jre/bin/java -jar $pkgname.jar \$*" >$startdir/$pkgname
        install -Dm755 $startdir/$pkgname $pkgdir/usr/bin/ || return 1

I checked the wiki at http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_Packages but it did not help me much with the install command (and my manpages are stripped, since I underestimated a bit the space requirements for my Arch vm)...

Board footer