You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-18 04:48:01

omgwtfbyobbq

s2disk not running script in /etc/pm/sleep.d [solved]

It runs everything in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d, so I must be missing something, but I'm not sure what. Do I need to add something to  /etc/suspend.conf or /etc/pm/config.d/defaults to tell it to run the stuff in /etc/pm/sleep.d or is there another config file someplace else I need to edit?

Last edited by omgwtfbyobbq (2010-08-18 23:42:18)

#2 2010-08-18 08:59:36

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: s2disk not running script in /etc/pm/sleep.d [solved]

if this is a personal script that you have, why not place it in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d where you know it works?

the information you have given in your post is very sparse. what script is it?  you might also have errors in the script itself which could be preventing the execution of it.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2010-08-18 22:34:02

omgwtfbyobbq

Re: s2disk not running script in /etc/pm/sleep.d [solved]

Based on what I've read /etc/pm is preferred so that nothing is overwritten or removed. Distro hooks go in /usr/lib/pm-utils

Arch Wiki wrote:

The hooks for suspend are placed in

* /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d (distribution / package provided hooks)
    * /etc/pm/sleep.d (hooks added by the system administrator)

That said, it appears pm-hibernate isn't functioning, just s2disk, which explains why my hooks aren't being run. The pm-hibernate log file must have been fairly old. How can I run scripts w/ just s2disk?

Edit- I apparently had to change the suspend method for pm-suspend to use s2disk. Doh!

Last edited by omgwtfbyobbq (2010-08-18 23:42:05)

Board footer