You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-17 14:53:48

RedShift

Messages don't end up in user's inbox.

I've (tried) to set up courier, with authdaemon using MySQL as its backend. Goal is a mailserver with virtual users (different domains too). I've think I've set up everything correctly, but yet, when the server receives a mail, it doesn't put it into the virtual user's mailbox. This is what the log says:

Apr 16 18:01:55 weebo authdaemond: Installation complete: authmysql
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: started,ip=[::ffff:195.130.132.56]
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: EHLO adicia.telenet-ops.be
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: MAIL FROM:<redshift@pandora.be> SIZE=827
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: RCPT TO:<glenn@weebo.diegem.be.opengate-ops.net>
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo authdaemond: received userid lookup request: glenn
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo authdaemond: authmysql: trying this module
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo authdaemond: SQL query: SELECT id, crypt, clear, uid, gid, home, maildir, quota, name FROM passwd WHERE id = "glenn@weebo.diegem.be.opengate-ops.net"
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo authdaemond: Authenticated: sysusername=<null>, sysuserid=72, sysgroupid=72, homedir=/home/courier, address=glenn@weebo.diegem.be.opengate-ops.net, fullname=glenn@weebo.diegem.be.opengate-ops.net, maildir=/home/courier/test, quota=<null>, options=<null>
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo authdaemond: Authenticated: clearpasswd=test, passwd=<null>
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: DATA

Everything should end up in /home/courier/test. Yes I've done maildirmake on that directory :-) . After this:
Apr 16 18:02:09 weebo courieresmtpd: DATA

nothing happens. I can't find the message anywhere on my server. What's wrong?

I've been discussing and trying to sort out this issue with neri (the courier-mta package maintainer) but got nowhere. Any help and new points of view are welcome.

(I have posted this article on the maillinglist too)

:?

#2 2005-04-17 20:39:14

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Messages don't end up in user's inbox.

http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/Postfix%20How%20To

It covers the older courier installation. I did manage to get it to work under authlib, but it took a small amount of tweaking. I don't use the setup anymore, and I didn't update the doc to reflect the new courier packaging.

Maybe if you posted links to the relevant files, I could be more helpful.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-04-23 11:33:01

neri
Forum Fellow

Hi Redshift,

Finally, I came around to do the Courier Wiki, check it out:
http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/CourierMta

it doesn't cover the database based authentification, but definately something to start with. Let me know how you like it and pick me up on IRC. So we can make it better for everybody.

Let's beat the beast!

-neri

#4 2005-04-23 14:20:37

RedShift

neri wrote:

Hi Redshift,

Finally, I came around to do the Courier Wiki, check it out:
http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/CourierMta

it doesn't cover the database based authentification, but definately something to start with. Let me know how you like it and pick me up on IRC. So we can make it better for everybody.

Let's beat the beast!

-neri

Thanks neri, I'll start right now.

:?

Board footer