You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-08 05:29:23

Meister

Mouse issues

I've been having strange issues with my mouse lately, where sometimes out of no where my left clicker will become either unresponsive, or I'll have to slam the button down just for it to register. It's become very hard to do just about anything with this issue, so I thought I'd come here for suggestions. I don't know if this is the case of my mouse hitting the bucket, or something Linux related. My right click, and wheel work fine.

If it helps, I'm using Openbox which it seems to have started after I switched. I was using KDE before and I didn't notice any issues, so I don't know if this is Openbox related or not.

Thanks for your time.

#2 2010-09-08 05:34:08

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Mouse issues

The first thing to do is to try that mouse in another OS or distro. Try it out in Windows or in Ubuntu etc. that will help you eliminate the problem where it might be the hardware.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2010-09-08 17:23:59

Meister

Well I tried switching to my *BSD partition, which was running KDE and I didn't notice any issues after using it for half an hour or so. I then switched back to Arch and it seemed OK for a minute or two, and then I had to start slamming the left button down again. It does seem that it's not all the time that it will happen, but it does happen pretty regularly, and when it does it usually doesn't go away until I give up and turn off the computer for the night.

So I'm guessing this is an Arch issue.

#4 2010-09-11 16:21:59

Mr. Alex

I've been having strange issues with my mouse lately, where sometimes out of no where my left clicker will become either unresponsive, or I'll have to slam the button down just for it to register. It's become very hard to do just about anything with this issue...

Seems to me your mouse is really ready to hit the bucket. It is left button because you click it more often then right one. I have about 3-4 mice died this way. (IMHO)

#5 2010-09-11 21:56:59

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

It seems to be somewhat related to arch (maybe some newer package has a problem), however it might also be hardware related (when hardware starts to fail sometimes it is hard to know if problems are hardware or software related).

If you can try with another mouse of the same type (ps2/usb).

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#6 2010-09-12 05:29:57

Meister

Yea, I wouldn't directly pass blame on strictly Arch. It's odd, these past day or so I haven't had the issue, it really seems to come and go. I think I seem to see it more depending on how many things I have going, for example I was downloading something, had firefox open with a few browsers, pidgin, and a few other things and I noticed it then, and it would continue after I closed everything for a while (if I could even get my left click to recognize the click to close things). But on the other hand if I don't have a lot of things open, it seems fine.
I'm just hypothesizing though, maybe it's some kind of lag, even though my RAM is far from being depleted, and my processors are hardly working hard. Or, it could very well be my mouse dying. It does just seem weird that it never happened to me while I was on *BSD, just when I'm here in Arch. But then again I don't typically use anything other then Arch, so I have more time to see it happening.

Board footer