You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-16 18:44:46

Poli0Pollo

Everywhere Internet connection Australia

Hi, I have an Everywhere Internet connection here in Australia, normally I just plug in the Ethernet cable, enter the browser and a login page appears so I can access my account and activate the internet. I've just installed Arch in another machine and tried this using links but I can't even access the login page by links, nor ping google. What can I do to activate the connection? Anyone living in Australia who might have done this before?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-09-16 18:51:10

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Re: Everywhere Internet connection Australia

I am guessing their login page requires javascript. hmm

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#3 2010-09-16 20:51:37

tomk
Forum Fellow

If you can't ping google, your network connection is not configured correctly. Fix that, and everything else should work then.

#4 2010-09-16 22:55:58

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Post the output of the following commands please:

ifconfig -a
route -n
cat /etc/resolv.cong

#5 2010-09-16 23:28:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

The sort of connection he's referring to isn't a direct connection, he would need to authenticate with the isp's servers FIRST before he's linked up (and able to ping google).

Besides how those type of connections suck (generally), you would need to tell us what happens when you plug things in. Does dhcpcd give you an IP? What's the gateway that it assigns?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer