You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-11 21:41:19

syamajala
Website

building a wireless access point

I currently have a wireless access point setup using hostapd and arch. However, I am having MAJOR reliability issues. The wireless connection gets dropped every few hours and my clients will either need to reconnect, or hostapd will need to be restarted. I was thinking about trying a different wireless card in my access point. The card I'm currently using has a ar5152 chip and is supported by the ath5k driver. I was considering getting one of these http://www.biz.newegg.com/Product/Produ … llFullInfo

It seems to use an ralink chipset which is supported in linux. I am wondering what the best wireless card to get is. I am looking for one that is well supported and will work well with hostapd. I would also like to upgrade to wireless N.

#2 2010-09-20 09:43:02

Luminger

Re: building a wireless access point

I got the same issue with my D-Link DWL G510 (RaLink RT2561/RT61 rev B 802.11g) which isn't reliable at all.

Installed hostapd-git from aur 20min ago and for now the connection seems to be stable (connected with an WG111v3 on windows, a AR9285 chipset on my netboot and a Nexus One), maybe it's helpful for you too.

Board footer