Checks if mpd, transmission-daemon, dropbox's daemon and sshd are running
IP adress
Battery status
Free space in my three partitions
Used RAM
CPU usage percentage
Volume level
Date and time. Revolutionary

I have since (i.e., later this morning) changed the daemon-check test for unicode simbols.

Is there a way to set dvtm's status bar to use multiple colors?

format_human_readable yes
out_to_console yes
update_interval 30
update_interval_on_battery 60
short_units yes
mpd_host localhost
mpd_port 6600

TEXT
${if_running mpd}${if_mpd_playing} ${mpd_title} from ${mpd_album} |${endif}${endif}${if_running transmission-da} * |${endif}${if_running dropbox} sB |${endif}${if_running ssh} * |${endif} ${addr eth1} | $battery_short | A:${fs_free /}(${fs_free_perc /}%) U:${fs_free /mnt/ubuntu/}(${fs_free_perc /mnt/ubuntu/}%) W:${fs_free /mnt/windows/}(${fs_free_perc /mnt/windows/}%) | $mem | ${cpu cpu1}%|${cpu cpu2}% |${if_mixer_mute} -- $else $mixer $endif| ${time %F %R }

#602 2010-09-26 10:58:40

Fruity

Re: conky configs and screenshots!

zero_one wrote:

fruity, to get back to your older question about vertical color changing. i dont see it answered. you can set by using the -t (n) setting n as the threshold percent you want the secondary color to be visible. but fades every value between 0 and the -t number given. like this;

${cpugraph cpu0 20,220 00FF00 FF0000 -t 75}

Zero, thanks for this, its not quite what I meant, though adding the -t switch does give a nice varied output smile

If you have a graph scrolling right to left, 0-100, then the tip of the graph is one colour, with everything else below it, the same colour, regardless of what activity is happening within the graph, so if there is 10% cpu activity say, the tip of the graph at that point would be say red, and everything else below blue. And the same if the cpu graph was at 100%, the tip would be red, and everything else blue.

I keep looking through various conky screenshot threads, and havent seen this look recently sad Maybe it was a clever custom script, or perhaps it wasnt even conky. Just something i saw in the past and thought was a nice effect, wish I paid more attention then..

#603 2010-09-30 19:53:01

vrkalak
Website

c3a8c8100068320.jpg

Conkyrc, scripts and How-to - HERE  >>  http://theconso.deviantart.com/art/Info … 567?q=&qo=

Not mine ... found at the DeviantART Conky Artists Group  >  http://conky-artists-group.deviantart.com

Last edited by vrkalak (2010-09-30 19:53:35)

Fluxbox Junkie!! | <Debian> <ArchLinux> | my DeviantART

#604 2010-10-14 22:07:56

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

tNXRnNA

Calendar config

The conky bar at the bottom has been posted before, it's nothing fancy, so I'm not linking to its config. I noticed most people have their calendar display in white with today's date highlighted in another colour, but I wanted it the other way around, so I adapted it a bit (and replaced the date|awk pipe with a simpler date +%d while at it, not my find though).

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#605 2010-10-17 23:10:02

Griff67

I did a different take on the cal piece, no screen shot just yet but I yanked off the month and year and have it displaying in three colors, past days current day, and future days in the month with this command:

${execpi 300 cal |grep -v 201| sed s/^/"\$\{goto 375"\}/|sed  s/"$(date +%e)"/\$\{color5}\&\$\{color}/}

Also have it going to the far right of my weather.

#606 2010-10-17 23:29:49

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

.:B:. wrote:

http://ompldr.org/tNXRnNA

The conky bar at the bottom has been posted before, it's nothing fancy, so I'm not linking to its config. I noticed most people have their calendar display in white with today's date highlighted in another colour, but I wanted it the other way around, so I adapted it a bit (and replaced the date|awk pipe with a simpler date +%d while at it, not my find though).

Love the wallpaper.. can you post a link?

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#607 2010-10-18 08:24:34

Mazur
Website

I was little bored for 2 days so I made this conky configuration to suit my desktop 1680x1050 and my locale which is London but you can easily change it, if you wish. I am still working on wide version which suit the whole desktop, but this one is not that bad.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5922 … 0x1050.png

ConkyWeather

## Size:
gap_x 0
gap_y 30
alignment tl

## Fonts:
background yes
use_xft yes
override_utf8_locale yes

xftfont URW Gothic L:size=10
xftalpha 1

## Alignment, Buffer and Update Interval
update_interval 1
double_buffer yes

## Window Drawing
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
draw_shades no

## Colours
default_color white
own_window_colour yellow

## Another Colours
color1 black
color2 888888
color3 CECECE

## Buffer
no_buffers yes
short_units 1
text_buffer_size 4096
max_specials 2048
max_user_text 64000

TEXT
${offset 28}${font arial white:size=14}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=CN}, ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=CO}
${offset 28}${font ConkyWeather:size=80}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=WF}
${voffset -155}${offset 136}${font URW Gothic L:size=35}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=HT --night} 
${offset 136}${voffset 7}${font URW Gothic L:size=12}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=HM}${font}${offset} ${voffset -2}${font arial black:size=8}HUMIDITY
${offset 247}${voffset -17}${font Moon Phases:size=12}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=MF}${font} ${voffset -4}${font arial black:size=8}MOON

ConkyWeather2

## Size:
gap_x 350
gap_y 30
alignment top_middle
minimum_size 300

## Fonts:
background yes
use_xft yes
override_utf8_locale yes

xftalpha 1

update_interval 1
double_buffer yes

## Window Drawing
own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager 
draw_shades no

## Colours
default_color white
own_window_colour green

## Text:
TEXT
${voffset -5}${offset 28}${font arial black:size=14}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --endday=1}
${voffset 8}${offset 28}${font ConkyWeather:size=30}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=1}${font}
${voffset -45}${offset 77}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --startday=1 --endday=1}
${voffset -5}${offset 77}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=LT --startday=1 --endday=1}
${voffset -5}${offset 77}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=PC --startday=1 --endday=1} ${font arial black:size=9}RAIN

${voffset -95}${offset 218}${font arial black:size=14}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --endday=2}${font}
${voffset 8}${offset 218}${font ConkyWeather:size=30}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=WF --startday=2 --endday=2}${font}
${voffset -45}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --startday=2 --endday=2}
${voffset -5}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=LT --startday=2 --endday=2}${font}${offset}
${voffset -5}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=PC --startday=2 --endday=2} ${font arial black:size=9}RAIN

${offset 28}${font arial black:size=14}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --endday=3}
${voffset 3}${offset 28}${font ConkyWeather:size=30}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=WF --startday=3 --endday=3}${font}
${voffset -40}${offset 75}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --startday=3 --endday=3}${font}
${voffset -5}${offset 75}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --endday=3}
${voffset -5}${offset 75}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=PC --startday=3 --endday=3} ${font arial black:size=9}RAIN

${voffset -95}${offset 218}${font arial black:size=14}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --endday=4}
${voffset 8}${offset 218}${font ConkyWeather:size=30}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=WF --startday=4 --endday=4}${font}
${voffset -45}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --startday=3 --endday=3}
${voffset -5}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=LT --startday=4 --endday=4}
${voffset -5}${offset 265}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=UKXX0085 --datatype=PC --startday=4 --endday=4} ${font arial black:size=9}RAIN

ConkyUpload

## Size:
gap_x 0
gap_y 30
alignment top_middle
minimum_size 150

## Fonts:
background yes
use_xft yes
override_utf8_locale yes

xftalpha 1

update_interval 1
double_buffer yes

## Window Drawing
own_window yes
own_window_type override
draw_shades no

## Colours
default_color white
own_window_colour red

## Text:
TEXT
${font arial white:size=14} Upload:
      ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=19}v${font} ${upspeed eth0}

${font arial white:size=14} Download:
      ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=19}r${font} ${downspeed eth0}

ConkyUptime

## Size:
gap_x -180
gap_y 30
alignment top_middle
minimum_size 150

## Fonts:
background yes
use_xft yes
override_utf8_locale yes

xftalpha 1

update_interval 1
double_buffer yes

## Window Drawing
own_window yes
own_window_type override
draw_shades no

## Colours
default_color white
own_window_colour red

## Text:
TEXT
${font arial white:size=14} Total Upload:
      ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=19}M${font} ${totalup eth0}

${font arial white:size=14} Total Download
      ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=19}S${font} ${totaldown eth0}

${font arial white:size=14} Uptime:
      ${font StyleBats:size=19}P${font} $uptime

ConkyIP

## Size:
gap_x -450
gap_y 30
alignment top_middle
minimum_size 150

## Fonts:
background yes
use_xft yes
override_utf8_locale yes

xftalpha 1

update_interval 1
double_buffer yes

## Window Drawing
own_window yes
own_window_type override
draw_shades no

## Colours
default_color white
own_window_colour red

## Text:
TEXT
${font arial white:size=14} Memory Usage:
      ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=16}J${font} $memperc% or $mem of $memmax

${font arial white:size=14} GPU:
      ${font StyleBats:size=14}A${font} GPU: ${execi 5 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | grep -oE '[0-9]+\.$' | sed -e 's/\.//'}${color}°C

${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font} Local IP ${addr eth0}

${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font} Public IP ${execi 3600 curl http://riivo.eu/php/ip.php}

DWM ONLY:

out_to_x no   
background no 
no_buffers yes
out_to_console yes
double_buffer yes
own_window yes                                                                             
own_window_type override
update_interval 1 
uppercase no  
use_spacer none
total_run_times 0

TEXT
${mpd_status} :: ${mpd_smart} ${mpd_elapsed}/${mpd_length} :: ${time %e %B %G} :: ${time %H:%M:%S}

As you can see there are five different configs and I am running additional Conky on the panel (not using conky-cli). You need ConkyWeather scripts written in python from AUR, I guess the name is forecast or something. As I mentioned above, I am still working on "wide" version and you can see it here:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4945 … 0x1050.png

Also you need to install some additional fonts to use that conky but I forget where to get them.

#608 2010-10-18 08:39:29

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

graysky wrote:
.:B:. wrote:

http://ompldr.org/tNXRnNA

Love the wallpaper.. can you post a link?

Sure

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#609 2010-10-31 02:02:29

imatechguy
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

I borrowed heavily from drsexbot's configs (page 22 post#526)  since I liked the clean, straight to the details look he had.  Though clearly I use far fewer config files.  Eventually I think I may have my wife stretch the right side of the background image so the Arch logo moves more to the left edge so I can combine these and run them along the entire right side of the screen without covering anything up.

Main Conky config:

# Conky configuration
background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Monospace:size=10
xftalpha 0.8
out_to_console no
update_interval 2
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type override
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 335
draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
stippled_borders 5
#border_margin 4
default_color grey
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color black
alignment bottom_right
gap_x 20
gap_y 55
no_buffers no
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 2
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer none

TEXT
${color white}$alignc$sysname $kernel on $machine
${color white}$alignc${exec whoami} @ $nodename
${color white}$alignc Uptime: ${color white}$uptime

${color}Date: ${color white}${time %A,%d %B}${alignr}${color}Time: ${color white}${time %k:%M:%S}

${color orange}TEMPERATURES:$stippled_hr${color white}
$alignc CPU_1: ${hwmon 0 temp 1}°C       $alignc   CPU_fan:   ${hwmon 2 fan 1} rpm
$alignc CPU_2: ${hwmon 1 temp 1}°C       $alignc Front_fan:    ${hwmon 2 fan 3} rpm
$alignc  MoBo: ${hwmon 2 temp 2}°C                          

${color orange}MONITORS: $stippled_hr
${color}CPU_1:${color white}  ${cpu cpu1}%         ${alignc}${freq cpu1} Mhz${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 7,75}
${color}CPU_2:${color white}  ${cpu cpu2}%         ${alignc}${freq cpu2} Mhz${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 7,75}
${color}RAM:${color white}    $memperc%       ${alignc}$mem/$memmax${alignr}${membar 7,75}
${color}Swap: ${color white}  $swapperc%          ${alignc}$swap/$swapmax${alignr}${swapbar 7,75}

${color orange}HDD: $stippled_hr
${color white}/${color white}           ${fs_used_perc /}%   ${fs_used /}/${fs_size /}  ${alignr}${fs_bar 7,75 /}
${color white}/home${color white}        ${fs_used_perc /home}%   ${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_bar 7,75 /home}
${color white}/mnt/data${color white}   ${fs_used_perc /mnt/data/}%   ${fs_used /mnt/data/}/${fs_size /mnt/data/}${alignr}${fs_bar 7,75 /mnt/data/}

${color}Disk Read:  $diskio_read    ${alignr}${color}Disk Write:  $diskio_write

${color orange}NETWORKING: $stippled_hr
     ${color white}Down:${color white} ${downspeed eth0} k/s  ${color white}${offset 80}Up:${color white} ${upspeed eth0} k/s
${color #000000}${downspeedgraph eth0 25,150 000000 white}    ${color #white}${upspeedgraph eth0 25,150 000000 white}
 ${color white}Address: ${color white}${addr eth0}${alignr}${color white}TCP Connections: ${color 000000 white}${tcp_portmon 1 65535 count}

#
#
#${exec feh --bg-scale "`grep 'wallpaper=' ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc | tail --lines=1 | sed 's/wallpaper=//'`"}

Processes window config:

# Conky process config file
background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Monospace:size=10
xftalpha 0.8
out_to_console no
update_interval 2
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type override
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 375
draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
stippled_borders 5
#border_margin 4
default_color grey
alignment bottom_right
gap_x 400
gap_y 63
no_buffers no
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 2
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer none

TEXT
#${color white}$alignc$sysname $kernel on $machine
#${color white}$alignc${exec whoami} @ $nodename
${color orange}F@H Progress: $stippled_hr
 ${color white}${execi 60 cat /opt/fah-smp/dad/unitinfo.txt | grep "Name"} ${alignr}${execi 60 cat /opt/fah-smp/dad/unitinfo.txt | grep "Tag"}   
 ${execi 60 cat /opt/fah-smp/dad/unitinfo.txt | grep "Due"}
 ${font Monospace:normal:size=13}${execi 60 cat /opt/fah-smp/dad/unitinfo.txt | grep "Progress"}${font Monospace:normal:size=10}

${color orange}TOP PROCESSES: $stippled_hr    ${color MintCream}
Processes: ${alignr}${processes} 
Running: ${alignr}${running_processes} 

${color orange}BY CPU: $stippled_hr ${color 000000 white}
  PROCESS                 ${alignc}     PID        CPU%    ${alignr}MEM%   ${color MintCream}
  ${top name 1}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 1}       ${top cpu 1}     ${alignr}${top mem 1}   
  ${top name 2}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 2}       ${top cpu 2}     ${alignr}${top mem 2}   
  ${top name 3}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 3}       ${top cpu 3}     ${alignr}${top mem 3}   
  ${top name 4}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 4}       ${top cpu 4}     ${alignr}${top mem 4}   
  ${top name 5}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 5}       ${top cpu 5}  ${alignr}${top mem 5}   
#  ${top name 6}     ${alignc}    ${top pid 6}       ${top cpu 6}  ${alignr}${top mem 6}   

${color orange}BY MEMORY: ${stippled_hr}${color 000000 white}
  PROCESS                 ${alignc}     PID        CPU%    ${alignr}MEM%   ${color MintCream}
  ${top_mem name 1}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 1}       ${top_mem cpu 1} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}   
  ${top_mem name 2}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 2}       ${top_mem cpu 2} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}   
  ${top_mem name 3}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 3}       ${top_mem cpu 3} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}   
  ${top_mem name 4}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 4}       ${top_mem cpu 4} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}   
  ${top_mem name 5}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 5}       ${top_mem cpu 5} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}   
#  ${top_mem name 6}     ${alignc}    ${top_mem pid 6}       ${top_mem cpu 6} ${alignr}${top_mem mem 6}
#
#
#${exec feh --bg-scale "`grep 'wallpaper=' ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc | tail --lines=1 | sed 's/wallpaper=//'`"}

I kick them off with a few lines in /etc/rc.local

feh --bg-scale "`grep 'wallpaper=' ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc | tail --line$
sleep 20
conky -c ~/.conky/.conkyrc &
conky -c ~/.conky/.conkyrc_process

desktopty.th.jpg

Last edited by imatechguy (2010-11-10 03:16:13)

#610 2010-11-04 09:09:06

Meskarune
Website

I just finished making this up for my netbook:

tNjFnZQ

alignment top_left
background no
gap_x 10
gap_y 15
minimum_size 200 5
maximum_width 200

update_interval 1
total_run_times 0
double_buffer yes
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 1248

cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 2

use_xft yes
xftfont HanelGotD:size=9
xftalpha 0.5
override_utf8_locale yes

own_window yes
own_window_type desktop
own_window_hints below,undecorated,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
#below,  normal  override

draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders no

default_color 86b5ea
#default_shade_color 7a999c
default_outline_color green

#MD0: ${alignr}${fs_used /mnt/disks} / ${fs_size /mnt/disks}
#${color slate grey}/var/log/everything.log:
#${color}${exec tail -n33 /var/log/everything.log}
#${font Sans:normal:size=7}${color1}${exec dmesg | uniq | tail -n 5}

TEXT

${offset 4}${voffset -3}${color ffffff}${font URW Gothic L:size=60}${time %I}
${offset 100}${voffset -125}${color ffffff}${font URW Gothic L:size=32}${time :%M}
${offset 165}${voffset -73}${color #9ebcd7}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time %S}${color}
${offset 165}${voffset -7}${color ffffff}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time :%P}${color}

#${font Liberation Mono:normal:size=10}${exec cal}

${font Liberation Mono:normal:size=12}${execpi 300 ~/.scripts/calendar.sh}

${color ffffff}${font ConkyWeather:size=55}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=WF}${font Liberation Mono:size=32} ${voffset -15}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --imperial --hideunits --datatype=HT}${font}${color}

${alignc}${font URW Gothic L:bold:size=10}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=CT}    ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --startday=0 --endday=0}/ ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --startday=0 --endday=0}${font}   

${color lightgrey}${font URW Gothic L:size=10}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722  --datatype=PC} chance of precipitation

${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722  --datatype=HM} humidity  ${alignr}Wind ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722  --imperial --startday=0 --datatype=WS}
${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722  --datatype=BD} pressure  ${alignr 10}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722  --imperial --hideunits --startday=0 --datatype=WD}

${font Moon Phases:size=20}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=MF} ${font}${font URW Gothic L:bold:size=10}${voffset -10}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --datatype=MP}${font}

${font URW Gothic L:size=10}${alignc 10}Sunrise ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0722 --startday=0 --datatype=SR}

I got the calendar script from here: http://conky-pitstop-fr.wikidot.com/mobilediesel#toc4

Homepage  | Arch Linux Women | Arch Linux Classroom
Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG:
Intel Dual-Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz; Skylake rev3 | 8GB DDR4 ram | Intel HD Graphics 520 + NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac | Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

#611 2010-11-30 16:07:55

guriinii

@Meskarune:

What did you use for the weather? It's the one thing I struggle with.

The exponential learning curve.

#612 2010-11-30 16:25:36

RaisedFist
Website

guriinii wrote:

@Meskarune:

What did you use for the weather? It's the one thing I struggle with.

it's conkyForecast. You can find it in AUR.

#613 2010-11-30 16:34:39

guriinii

RaisedFist wrote:

it's conkyForecast. You can find it in AUR.

Cheers.

Off topic: "Calm like a bomb" - Tune!

The exponential learning curve.

#614 2010-11-30 22:23:02

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Updated mine a bit.  The .conkyrc is on the wiki page.
imageffj.jpg

Last edited by graysky (2010-12-10 22:43:45)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#615 2010-12-13 23:21:35

colbert

I just set up conkyforecast-bzr, I modded it and wish to run both my .conkyrc and the .conkyrc-conkyforecast and all is well, except a wierd cut-off I can't figure out:

jrZN3l.jpg

(direct link in case it's not sized right or anything for forum: http://i.imgur.com/jrZN3.png)

Just to the right where the 71C for the temperature is, parts keep getting cut out as I watch conky refresh, I mean there's a bunch of space there but I can't seem to use it as it won't show up if I put anything there hmm

Here's both configs, first .conkyrc:

######################
# - Conky settings - #
######################
update_interval 1
total_run_times 0
net_avg_samples 1
cpu_avg_samples 1

imlib_cache_size 0
double_buffer yes
no_buffers yes

format_human_readable

#####################
# - Text settings - #
#####################
use_xft yes
xftfont HeldustryFTVBasic Demi:size=12
#xftfont DroidSans:size=12
override_utf8_locale yes
text_buffer_size 2048

#############################
# - Window specifications - #
#############################
own_window_class Conky
own_window yes
own_window_type override

alignment bottom_left
gap_x 0
gap_y 2
#minimum_size 182 0
maximum_width 1920

default_bar_size 60 8

#########################
# - Graphics settings - #
#########################
draw_shades no

default_color cccccc

#${execi 30 nvidia-settings -q gpucoretemp |grep '):' | cut -c 40-41}
# processes:${running_processes}/${processes} 

color0 white
color1 E07A1F #darker orange
color2 red
color3 orange
color4 grey

TEXT
#${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}SYSTEM $stippled_hr${font}
[ ${color0}alive: ${color1}${uptime} ${color4}]${color4}${goto 160}[ ${color1}${mpd_artist} ${color4}- ${color1}${mpd_title} ${color4}]    [ ${color0}${mpd_elapsed} ${color1}${mpd_bar 9,100} ${color0}${mpd_length}${color4} ]    [ ${color0}RPT: ${color1}${mpd_repeat} ${color4}]    [ ${color0}RDM: ${color1}${mpd_random} ${color4}]    [ ${color1}${mpd_status} ${color4}]
${color4}[ ${color0}/:${color3}${fs_free /} ${color4}/ ${color1}${fs_size /} ${color4}]  [ ${color0}/home:${color3}${fs_free /home/bobby} ${color4}/ ${color1}${fs_size /home/bobby} ${color4}]  [ ${color0}/stuff:${color3}${fs_free /media/stuff} ${color4}/ ${color1}${fs_size /media/stuff} ${color4}]  [ ${color0}/myth:${color3}${fs_free /media/myth} ${color4}/ ${color1}${fs_size /media/myth} ${color4}]    ${goto 760}[ ${color0}down: ${color1}${downspeedf eth0} ${color0}up: ${color1}${upspeedf eth0}${color4} ]    ${goto 930}[ ${color0}cpu: ${color1}${cpu cpu2} ${color0}mem: ${color1}${memperc} ${color0}swap: ${color1}${swapperc} ${color4}]    ${goto 1135}[ ${color0}Q6600@ ${color1}${exec cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input | cut -c 1-2}C ${color0}P5K-E @ ${color1}${exec cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp2_input | cut -c 1-2}C ${color0}FAN@ ${color1}${exec cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/fan1_input}${color0}RPM ${color0} ${color4} ${color0}8800GT@ ${color1}${nvidia temp}C ${color4}]

and .conkyrc-conkyForecast:

# conky configuration
# edited by Mark Buck (Kaivalagi) <m_buck@hotmail.com>

# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
background no

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
#font 5x7
#font 6x10
#font 7x13
#font 8x13
#font 9x15
#font *mintsmild.se*
#font -*-*-*-*-*-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
#xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=9
xftfont HeldustryFTVBasic Demi:size=12

# Text alpha when using Xft
xftalpha 0.8

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 1.0

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window no

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 300 0
maximum_width 300

# Draw shades?
draw_shades yes

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 8

# border margins
border_margin 4

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
default_outline_color white

# own window options
own_window        yes
own_window_transparent    yes
own_window_type        override
own_window_hints    undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
#alignment top_left
#alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x -50
gap_y 5

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer right

# colours
color1 white
# light blue
color2 6892C6
# orange
#E77320
color3 orange
# green
color4 grey
# red
color5 CC0000

text_buffer_size 2048

# variable is given either in format $variable or in ${variable}. Latter
# allows characters right after the variable and must be used in network
# stuff because of an argument

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

TEXT
#${offset -5}${color3}${font StyleBats:style=CleanCut:size=12}q ${voffset -2}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=11}Weather${font}  ${hr}${color1}
#${color3}Template Output:${color1}
#${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=CAXX0043 --template=/usr/share/conkyforecast/example/conkyForecast.template}

${color3}${font ConkyWeather:size=33}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=CAXX0043 --datatype=WF} ${goto 65}${voffset -20}${font}${color4}[ ${color0}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=CAXX0043 --datatype=CC} ${color4}/
${goto 69}${voffset 0}${color1}TEMP ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=CAXX0043 --datatype=LT}${color4} ]

EDIT: I've messed around with the configs a bit more and tried commenting out these from the conkyForecast config:

#minimum_size 300 0
#maximum_width 300

#border_margin 4

#border_width 1

And heck, I even took the TEXT chunk out of the conkyForecast and made a new one with everything else just copied over from my conkyrc so they're identical except for alignment (bottom_left and bottom_right), and still there's the wierd cut-off at the end of conkyrc as initially hmm

Last edited by colbert (2010-12-13 23:39:48)

#616 2010-12-17 12:10:12

mr.entropy

Yahoo Weather for Conky:

uc?id=0B742-FNV8ZjDMmMzZWQzYjMtZGU5YS00N2M1LTk2YmUtMzY5ZWY2ZTdmZDNh

I made a script that reads the RSS feed from Yahoo Weather.
No IDs and passwords are required.

yweather.tar.gz: download here

See README.TXT included.
Enjoy

Version History ( yweather.sh --version ):
20101217.1050 : first release
20101217.1418 : fixed day-night algorithm between 12:00-12:59 am/pm

Last edited by mr.entropy (2010-12-27 22:23:56)

#617 2010-12-20 13:41:59

t1000

My baby smile

http://i.imgur.com/Zcy7M.png

background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont 123:size=8
xftalpha 0.1
update_interval 0.5
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type normal
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 250 5
maximum_width 400
draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders no
default_color gray
default_shade_color red
alignment top_right
gap_x 10
gap_y 10
no_buffers no
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 1
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer right
text_buffer_size 256

TEXT

${offset 100}${voffset 20}${color #3AA7DD}${font openlogos:size=55}B
${voffset -125}
$font${color DimGray}$sysname $kernel ${alignr}$machine
Intel Pentium D $alignr${freq_g cpu0}Ghz
Uptime $alignr${uptime}

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${alignc}$font${color DimGray}CPU ${cpu}% 
${cpubar}
$alignc CPU: ${hwmon 0 temp 1}°C 

PROCESS               ${alignr}CPU %

${top name 1}${alignr}${top cpu 1} %
${top name 2}${alignr}${top cpu 2} %
${top name 3}${alignr}${top cpu 3} %
${top name 4}${alignr}${top cpu 4} %

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

$font${color DimGray}MEM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
${membar}

PROCESS                        ${alignr}MEM %

$font${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top mem 1} %
$font${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top mem 3} %
$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 4} %
$font${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top mem 5} %

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${color DimGray}Active Interface ${alignr}$gw_iface
Home IP:${alignr}${addr eth1}

Download:${alignr} Upload:
${downspeedf eth1}kb/s${alignr}${upspeedf eth1}kb/s
${totaldown eth1} ${alignr}${totalup eth1}

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${offset 4}${voffset -3}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=60}${time %I}
${offset 100}${voffset -125}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=32}${time :%M}
${offset 165}${voffset -73}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time %S}${color}
${offset 165}${voffset -7}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time :%P}${color}

${voffset -30}${font :bold:size=15}${color DimGray}$alignc${time %d %b. %Y}
${font :bold:size=12}${color DimGray}$alignc${time %A}

Last edited by t1000 (2010-12-21 13:51:39)

#618 2010-12-20 14:06:06

paradoxxxzero

My rainbow spiral conky :

-- mod edit: read the rules and only post thumbnails https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=61754 --

Source : https://github.com/paradoxxxzero/conky-lua-colors

#619 2010-12-20 14:29:02

JokerBoy

paradoxxxzero - nice dude.

#620 2010-12-25 18:29:48

kittykatt
Website

t1000 wrote:

My baby smile

http://i.imgur.com/Zcy7M.png

background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont 123:size=8
xftalpha 0.1
update_interval 0.5
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type normal
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 250 5
maximum_width 400
draw_shades no
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders no
default_color gray
default_shade_color red
alignment top_right
gap_x 10
gap_y 10
no_buffers no
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 1
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer right
text_buffer_size 256

TEXT

${offset 100}${voffset 20}${color #3AA7DD}${font openlogos:size=55}B
${voffset -125}
$font${color DimGray}$sysname $kernel ${alignr}$machine
Intel Pentium D $alignr${freq_g cpu0}Ghz
Uptime $alignr${uptime}

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${alignc}$font${color DimGray}CPU ${cpu}% 
${cpubar}
$alignc CPU: ${hwmon 0 temp 1}°C 

PROCESS               ${alignr}CPU %

${top name 1}${alignr}${top cpu 1} %
${top name 2}${alignr}${top cpu 2} %
${top name 3}${alignr}${top cpu 3} %
${top name 4}${alignr}${top cpu 4} %

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

$font${color DimGray}MEM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
${membar}

PROCESS                        ${alignr}MEM %

$font${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top mem 1} %
$font${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top mem 3} %
$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 4} %
$font${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top mem 5} %

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${color DimGray}Active Interface ${alignr}$gw_iface
Home IP:${alignr}${addr eth1}

Download:${alignr} Upload:
${downspeedf eth1}kb/s${alignr}${upspeedf eth1}kb/s
${totaldown eth1} ${alignr}${totalup eth1}

${color #3AA7DD}${hr 2}

${offset 4}${voffset -3}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=60}${time %I}
${offset 100}${voffset -125}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=32}${time :%M}
${offset 165}${voffset -73}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time %S}${color}
${offset 165}${voffset -7}${color DimGray}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time :%P}${color}

${voffset -30}${font :bold:size=15}${color DimGray}$alignc${time %d %b. %Y}
${font :bold:size=12}${color DimGray}$alignc${time %A}

Hey! That wallpaper looks awful familiar. xD

I like how you used the retro Arch logo. I LOVE that logo and tried to use it screenfetch until I started losing users. Then I switched to the modern logo.

- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

#621 2010-12-26 11:39:29

lukequaint

My conky:
conky.th.png

Scrolling title, artist, album:
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … -in-conky/

.conkyrc:

alignment tl
background yes
border_inner_margin 10
border_width 1
cpu_avg_samples 2
default_color white
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders no
draw_outline no
draw_shades yes
double_buffer yes
use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Mono:size=9
gap_x 3
gap_y 3
minimum_size 250 10
net_avg_samples 2
no_buffers yes
out_to_console no
own_window no
own_window_class Conky
own_window_type normal
stippled_borders 2
update_interval 1.0
uppercase no
use_spacer none
show_graph_scale no
show_graph_range yes

TEXT
${font MetDemo:coding=utf8:size=25}:   ${voffset -30}${font Droid Sans:size=14} ${color FFFFFF}${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}${font}
${offset 50}${font Droid Sans:size=12}${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %ta --no-start}${font}
${voffset -16}${font Droid Sans:size=8}${offset 35}by${color}${voffset 12}${voffset 12}${font Droid Sans:size=8}${voffset -8}${offset -10}Track ${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %tn} of ${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %at --no-start}${font}
${offset 50}${font Droid Sans:size=16}${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %te} / ${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %td}${font}${color}
${offset 350}/${offset 34}${fs_bar 5, 800 /}${offset 15}${fs_used /}
${offset 350}Dane${offset 5}${fs_bar 5, 800 /home/lukasz/Dane}${offset 15}${fs_used /home/lukasz/Dane}
${offset 350}RAM${offset 12}${membar 5, 800}${offset 15}$mem
${voffset -120}${offset 1445}${font Droid Sans:size=22}$sysname${font}
${offset 1415}${font Droid Sans:size=12}$kernel $machine${font}
${color FFFFFF}${offset 1374}${voffset -3}${font URW Gothic L:size=60}${time %H}
${offset 1470}${voffset -125}${font URW Gothic L:size=32}${time :%M}
${offset 1535}${voffset -73}${font URW Gothic L:size=13}${time %S}${color}${font}
${font Droid Sans:size=10:Bold}${offset 1530}${voffset 14}uptime
${offset 1502}$uptime${font}
${offset 1405}${voffset 20}${font Anka/Coder Condensed:coding=utf8:size=10}${color FFFFFF}${execpi 600 cal -m | sed -e 's|'`date +%d`'|\$\{color FF0000}'`date +%d`'\$\{color FFFFFF}|'}${font}
${voffset -185}Outdated packages${execi 100 perl ~/Dane/dotfiles/skrypty/conky-updates.pl}

#622 2010-12-27 11:20:48

t1000

kittykat wrote:

Hey! That wallpaper looks awful familiar. xD
I like how you used the retro Arch logo. I LOVE that logo and tried to use it screenfetch until I started losing users. Then I switched to the modern logo.

hahaah i love that wallpaper. but i only use it in fluxbox. my openbox looks like this https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=45692&p=62 and in case your still interested in the retro arch logo http://www.dafont.com/openlogos.font

#623 2010-12-27 14:10:50

JokerBoy

tNnF0cg

#624 2010-12-28 14:53:28

STANKAR

conky.th.jpg

# CONFIG wo upload download
#
# SONEC
#

# do not fork to background
background yes
border_width 1

# font settings
use_xft yes
font terminal-10
uppercase no

# update every x secs
update_interval 2

# stay running forever
total_run_times 0

# draw to root window
own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_class conky
own_window_type override

# avoid flickering
double_buffer yes

# size
maximum_width 320
short_units yes

# position
alignment top_left
gap_x 0
gap_y 0

# colors
default_color white
default_outline_color white
color0 000000
color1 2B5C6D
color2 46bdea

# borders
draw_borders no
stippled_borders 8
border_width 1

# shades
draw_shades yes

# outline
draw_outline no

# spacer
use_spacer no

# buffers
double_buffer yes

# sampling
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 2
max_text_width 3

# configurace
TEXT
${voffset 10}${offset 10}${color2}System
${offset 10}$color1 Kernel:  $nodename $kernel $machine
${offset 10}$color1 Uptime:  $color2$uptime $color1
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Power ${offset 10}$color1 State: $color2 ${battery BAT1} ${battery_time BAT1}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Processes $color1 $processes ($color2${running_processes} ${color1}running)
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}CPU
${offset 10}$color1 Frequency: $color2${freq}MHz ${color1}Temperature: $color2${exec ~/.conky/conky}${exec cat ~/.conky/cpu.txt}°C 
${offset 10}$color1 Load: $color2$cpu% ${cpubar cpu0 6,220}
${offset 10}$color1 ${cpugraph cpu0 20,145 000000 33b0dc} ${cpugraph cpu1 20,145 000000 33b0dc}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Memory
${offset 10}$color1 RAM: $color2$mem ($memperc%) ${membar 6,170}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Highest CPU           Used       PID
${offset 10}$color1 ${top name 1} ${top cpu 1} %     ${top pid 1}
${offset 10}$color1 ${top name 2} ${top cpu 2} %     ${top pid 2}
${offset 10}$color1 ${top name 3} ${top cpu 3} %     ${top pid 3}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Highest MEM           Used       PID
${offset 10}$color1 ${top_mem name 1} ${top_mem mem 1} %     ${top_mem pid 1}
${offset 10}$color1 ${top_mem name 2} ${top_mem mem 2} %     ${top_mem pid 2}
${offset 10}$color1 ${top_mem name 3} ${top_mem mem 3} %     ${top_mem pid 3}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}HDD
${offset 10}$color2 ${exec cat cut ~/.conky/hdd.txt}
${offset 10}$color1 ${diskiograph 20,300 000000 33b0dc}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Filesystem
${offset 10}${color1} Root:  $color2 ${fs_free /}B / ${fs_size /}B $color1${fs_bar 6 /}
${offset 10}${color1} Zaloha:$color2 ${fs_free /media/zaloha}B / ${fs_size /media/zaloha}B $color1${fs_bar 6 /media/zaloha}
${offset 10}${color1} Filmy: $color2 ${fs_free /media/filmy}B / ${fs_size /media/filmy}B $color1${fs_bar 6 /media/filmy}
${voffset 0}${offset 10}${color2}Network (wlan0)
${offset 10}$color1 IP: $color2${addr wlan0} ${color #144556} ${color1}Bitrate:$color2${wireless_bitrate wlan0}
${offset 10}$color1 Strength: $color2${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%     $color1 Essid: $color2${wireless_essid wlan0}
${offset 10}${hr}     
#${font :size=16}$alignc$color2$time$font
#${voffset 0}${offset 5}${font :size=11}${color2} VOL:${exec cat ~/.conky/volume}%$font
${execpi 10800 conkyForecast -t ~/.conky/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.template}
 ${font Terminal Bold:size=10}Ostrava:     [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=DW]     [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday]     [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday]        [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday]       [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday]$font
           ${font ConkyWeather:size=24}[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=WF]  [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=5 --spaces=2]${font}
           ${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=HT]         [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]/[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]   [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]/[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]    [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]/[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]    [--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]/[--location=EZXX0009 --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3]$font

I use conkyforecast and xoap.weather.com

Last edited by STANKAR (2010-12-28 14:57:59)

#625 2011-01-02 20:18:58

STANKAR

Hi, i tried all yours scripts for update messages in conky, but anyone works for me, i tried it only in cli, but still don't work. If i use command "pacman -Qu" it works fine, i saw new packages to upgrade. Please help

Board footer