You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-27 16:06:16

lagagnon
Website

[Solved] sshfs: "Connection reset by peer" error

On my home network (192.168.0.) I have four Arch boxes that only very occasionally I want to get access to some files on other machines. It seems to me that sshfs is the simplest solution rather than NFS. I installed sshfs and have modprobed fuse and am using the IP address of the other machines so /etc/hosts is not an issue. However, despite following the wiki article on sshfs I am still getting the "Connection reset by peer" error.

I also have the following in my /etc/hosts.allow:

sshd: 192.168.0.: ALLOW

I am wondering if maybe ssh is not set up properly (I have done nothing in this regard) other than to ensure sshd is loaded (and I don't believe that is even necessary with sshfs??).

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lagagnon (2010-10-28 01:17:47)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2010-10-27 20:00:11

dunz0r
Website

Re: [Solved] sshfs: "Connection reset by peer" error

NFS is even simpler. You'll also loose some speed with sshfs compared to sshfs.

To install NFS:

pacman -Sy nfs-utils

Then add nfs-server to daemons in rc.conf and configure your exports in /etc/exports.

RTFM or GTFO
hax0r.se

#3 2010-10-27 20:10:11

Xappe

lagagnon wrote:

I also have the following in my /etc/hosts.allow:

sshd: 192.168.0.: ALLOW

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

I think you have the syntax wrong. The file hosts.allow is for daemon/client pairs, so something llike the following I think would work:

sshd: 192.168.0.

or to allow all connections:

sshd: ALL

vanum est vobis ante lucem surgere

#4 2010-10-28 01:17:31

lagagnon
Website

OK. I solved my problem - enabled sshd on each machine, edited /etc/hosts.allow on each machine as per Xappe's suggestion above and am now able to use sshfs. But in fact I am finding it easier to now use gftp and the SSH2 protocol with gftp. Much easier.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer