You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-25 12:00:17

xCrucialDudex

rtorrent says: Storage error: [Could not resize files in the torrent.]

I've set up rtorrent+screen on my remote server, copied some files over to it to seed them and two of the torrents in the end of the hash checking said:

Storage error: [Could not resize files in the torrent.]

Long story short those files had user and group permissions different from the ones rtorrent was running as. After I changed the ownership to the same user and group as rtorrent was running as those two torrents could successfully finish the hash check.

The odd detail is that there were other torrents that had an ownership that could prevent rtorrent from modifying the files (that's what it attempted to do as it seems to me). Which doesn't really make sense. I can't recall linux being selective about what files it can modify if all those files have the same ownership permissions.

Also those two torrents were from two different trackers so I can't really blame it on any specific tracker.

Ultimately, it remains a mystery to me why rtorrent had to "resize" otherwise completely downloaded files.

If anyone can a shed a light on this behavior, please, do so. I'd highly appreciate that!

Board footer