You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-07 21:57:02

hollywoodb

how do I set up the wine package?

hi, I just installed the wine package in hopes of getting battlefield 1942 going smile and I was wondering how to configure it?  it seems that the arch package has done something with the configuration files.  I've found a bf1942 wine guide, but I was wondering how to initially configure wine.  all the config files that wine asks for when I try to use it to run various programs point to files I don't have, so I don't have a base to go on as far as editing my configs!

#2 2003-10-07 22:26:42

andy

Re: how do I set up the wine package?

Arch sets the environment variable WINEPREFIX in /etc/profile.d/wine.sh to /usr/etc/wine

So either you create all the config files etc. in /usr/etc/wine or you unset WINEPREFIX in your .profile or .bash_profile and then wine will default to look for stuff in ~/.wine/

I do the latter and this is probably what your guides will be talking about. The former has the advantage to provide the windows programs system wide.

#3 2003-10-24 12:24:49

galen
Website

Re: how do I set up the wine package?

try these
winesetuptk
winetools

they are not included in arch, but they should be IMO

Off to using Peanut and Slackware, no hard feelings but I need my CD to burn, PDA and scanner to connect and arch won't do it.

[img]http://www.flightsimhq.org/images/war-is-bushit_s.jpg[/img]

Board footer