You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-01 19:47:49

Ignatius881

What packages to install, and how to install in an USB hard drive

Hello.

Well, as I said in another thread, I want to install in an USB hard drive. But I don't know how, because it hasn't graphical installer, but text installer. I tried in a virtual machine, and it was fine, but when I want to start it, an error appears, "Was not found a bootable system" or something. Maybe a VM is not as a computer, but... well. I didn't change anything while I was installing GRUB, and I know that I've to install it in /dev/sdb.

And I want to know too, what packages to install and what packages don't (the ones which are neither "base" nor "base-devel"). But I'll install sudo, links and ndiswrapper (for wifi).

Thanks, and excuse me if my English is bad.

#2 2011-01-01 19:50:17

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: What packages to install, and how to install in an USB hard drive

Gotta use the wiki my friend and this one is even translated into Spanish:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … C3%B1ol%29

As to your question about which packages you'll need beyond those in base and base-devel - that depends on what you want on your system... no one can answer that but you!

Welcome to Arch.

Last edited by graysky (2011-01-01 19:50:46)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#3 2011-01-01 19:52:27

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: What packages to install, and how to install in an USB hard drive

Here at Arch, we not only expect, but demand that users make genuine attempts at anything they do, before posting questions on the forums. Make use of our wonderful wiki which has all the information that you need.

Closing...

Oh and welcome to the forums. I am sure once you give it enough time and effort, you will enjoy using Arch Linux

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer