You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-06 14:18:00

ruurdkrekt

[Solved] SVN Server seems to listen only locally

I installed a new server with Arch Linux, because this will be a development server I also installed Subversion.
To make sure everything is working I didn't hook it up with SSH or Apache, when the SVN is working as it should I'm planning hooking it up to Apache.

At this moment I can checkout, commit, update etc. But only from the command line of the actual machine. When I try to connect from a remote location (same network and a totally remote network) the connection times out.

First thing I thought of was the firewall, however adding the SVN port didn't help (From /etc/iptables/iptables.rules):

# Open up the SVN port.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 3690 -j ACCEPT

I did ran netstat -a to make sure that the SVN server is listening at the correct ports, it does:

Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:svn                   *:*                     LISTEN

The next thing I tested was if it uses IPv4 and not for some strange reason IPv6 so I used lsof for this:

[root@Yotta ruurd]# lsof -i :3690
COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
svnserve 1153 root    3u  IPv4   4299      0t0  TCP *:svn (LISTEN)

I even tried adding some lines to my hosts.allow and hosts.deny (The host.deny is all commented so it doesn't block anything):

svnserve: ALL
ALL: ALL

As far as I can see the svnserve is running, listens on the correct port and the firewall accepts connections. I have a private server at my home which runs SVN as well and as far as I can tell all the configurations are the same.

Is there anybody who can think of something I have overlooked? Or some configuration I missed?

Edit: I can also not connect to my MySQL from a remote machine, also this connection is timing out. However my Apache and SSH configuration does work. I can access both without any delays or problems. There are strange things going on!

Last edited by ruurdkrekt (2011-01-07 14:18:48)

#2 2011-01-07 09:28:56

ruurdkrekt

Re: [Solved] SVN Server seems to listen only locally

This Arch Linux server is running on a VPS and the company that is taking care of the VPS runs it's own firewall.
I never expected this and was convinced I mist something, however it was just their firewall who was setup to strict.

So after fixing this firewall everything is working like a charm!

#3 2011-01-07 14:00:08

jelly
Administrator

please add a [closed] tag to your topic

#4 2011-01-07 16:01:49

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

jelly wrote:

please add a [closed] [Solved] tag to your topic

Fixed that for the both of you wink.

Again: It says closed when a mod locks a topic, if you found a solution to your problem please use [Solved]. Anything but 'Closed'.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer