You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-02 22:33:16

rainless

Aircrack's Airmon/Airodump under Colinux Arch Linux

So colinux doesn't have direct access to hardware so NORMALLY you can't scan channels from within a colinux arch install.

BUT!

. It *must* be possible and I intend to do it even if I have to build something myself.

Look at these posts:

" 1. How many packets (IV) do you have? you need at least 800k+ (not sure, get a million or more for a fast crack, the more the merrier) to be able to crack 128 encryption. 2. ARP replay for aireplay-ng makes your target AP shit IV's. (If there's no connected clients you do a fakeauth + forge ARP packet then replay it). 3. Don't remember the name exactly but iirc there's a tool in the aircrack suite that can do that. I use a CoLinux VM with gentoo on it...Ill post a screenshot later. " "I have been using XP's native bridging without a hitch for quite some > > time now. If you want *all* of your traffic to go to colinux, just > > disable your network adapter in windows, and find and load an > > appropriate driver module for the adapter under colinux. As long as > > Windows know not to touch the adapter, colinux is free to sieze it for > > itself. http://osdir.com/ml/linux.colinux.general/2004-05/msg00079.html"

I want to be able to scan wireless channels from within Colinux. But I need access to wifi0. (The drivers are already included in the kernel). I need help. I'll take all the help I can get.

#2 2011-02-08 13:33:45

wabi

Re: Aircrack's Airmon/Airodump under Colinux Arch Linux

I'm very interested in this myself. Specially the direct hardware accessing part. Since I use CoLinux with an ArchLinux installation on my Windows 7 machine I'd like to interact with the network interface directly.
Your link seems to be deleted but could you post your parameter how you start colinux?

Board footer