You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-25 19:10:41

funny

problem with openvpn

I have a problem with connection to vpn as openvpn client from my Arch.

I have installed openvpn and I have configuration file (something.conf) with file.pfx at /etc/openvpn (file.pfx -key and conf I get from server).

At the first time I read manual from https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenVPN
I skiped section about server and continue read section "Setting up the Client". I loaded tun modul and wrote it at module at /etc/rc.conf. Then I create script /usr/share/openvpn/update-resolv-conf. This script is called from END configuration file /etc/openvpn/something.conf) . My friend has the same configuration file at ubuntu (with different key file at this file of course). But when I use "/etc/rc.d/openvpn start" openvpn wanted pass from me. I wrote it, it was OK, but I didnt at vpn. Why? I make the same thinks which are at manual.

I was googling and find another manual: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenVPN_Bridge

I tried
Option 1,2 and 3 and nothing.
Manual describe using bidge with network. Will be ok when I use networkmanager? At this manual is configuration bridge with eth0, tap0,... at /etc.rc.conf. But networkmanager dont read this info (I think).
So what I have to do?
Should I write MODULES=(... tun bridge ...) and DAEMONS=(... openvpn-tapdev networkmanager openvpn ..) at into /etc/rc.conf?

So of course. Exists another solution with networkmanager. Configuration with NM is very easy. When I set network with it why not vpn?
Because for networkmanager I need userkey.pem, usercert.pem and userca.pem. But when I try generate them from my key, I have only two file. The last (the third) has 0 bit and networkmanager didint see it.

What I will do? I need connect to the vpn. I dont care if it  will be onl openvpn wihout networkmanager. My friend which use ubuntu is connected, but his solution dont working for me.

#2 2011-02-27 19:05:48

funny

Re: problem with openvpn

News: I connect to vpn this morning, but since time no.
I use the first manual with script /usr/share/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

Affter starting openvpn, when I write route I can see new route. But after moment (the second write route), I see only old route.

Board footer