You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-19 22:27:05

silvik

[SOLVED] mail held in in spool (postfix)

I use postfix configured for local only mail, configured some time ago as described in the wiki article here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lo … th_Postfix. It used to work great.

A few days ago I noticed that my read mail still appears in spool, instead of being moved to mbox, and it's quite annoying (those "oh shit, the array failed again!!" moments). Postfix seems to work fine, the mail gets delivered. I deleted my spool file from /var/spool/mail, restarted the server, rechecked the wiki article, the same thing.  I guess it has to be a package upgrade problem or some kind of config change. I don't usually get much mail, except for nonfrequent raid or cron job problems, so I can't pinpoint when something changed.

Any ideas, please?
Thanks

edit: I have no idea if this matters, but I use the "mail" command to read system mails.

Last edited by silvik (2011-03-21 23:04:34)

#2 2011-03-21 23:04:07

silvik

Re: [SOLVED] mail held in in spool (postfix)

after reading some "man mail" I was lucky to find what I needed. Looks like "hold" option is set by default in /etc/mail.rc. after creating ~/.mailrc containing "unset hold" the read mails are moved in mbox - the old behaviour.

Board footer