You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-21 22:42:39

shelley

AT&T U-verse not playing nice with Linux

I just signed up for DSL service through AT&T U-verse, and it's proving to be a bigger headache than I expected. I can connect to the modem via ethernet cable and wicd shows everything is connected, but I can't get on the internet. Strangely, if I fire up Windows on a virtual machine it will access the internet fine, even though it's basically the same connection.

After setting up my account through my Windows VM, I added a wireless router. Again, I can connect to the router fine and can access the web configuration utilities for both the router and the modem, but I can't access the internet on Linux, while it works fine under Windows as well as my Android phone. I was wondering if anyone else has AT&T U-verse and can point me in the right direction. The modem is a Motorola IPDSLAM(?) and the router is a Cisco Linksys E1000.

Last edited by shelley (2011-02-21 22:43:21)

#2 2011-02-21 22:52:40

shelley

Re: AT&T U-verse not playing nice with Linux

Well, some more googling turned up this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r254055 … with-Linux which may not be an ideal solution, but it will at least get you online, in case anyone else has the same problem.

#3 2011-03-24 21:10:42

mDuo13

Re: AT&T U-verse not playing nice with Linux

=/ I don' tknow what to say. I've been connected (wired) to a U-Verse router for at least 6 months and for network purposes it works the same as our old DSL did, no connection problems on Linux for me... I've also been able to connect wirelessly with my eeeXubuntu netbook.

We have one of AT&T's proprietary modem+router combination boxes, though.

Board footer