I'm having Flash problems with Chromium. Mostly with YouTube (well, I use UT pretty much). Video doesn't load and there's no player buttons. If you right click, there's those normal Flash menus (Zoom In, Settings etc), but if you choose one nothing happens.
This is very annoying, I always have to start Opera or Firefox to watch a video. Refreshing doesn't help, but sometimes it suddenly works, even though I don't restart the browser.
I downgraded to 10.1.85, the plugin crashes sometimes but now you can just reload and it works. However, Chromium started complaining that this plugin is old, and I have to confirm every time a page wants to use Flash.
P4 530J, Arch Linux
more information would help. is this the extra or multilib flash? have you tried running the browser in a terminal to check for error messages?
I laugh, yet the joke is on me
My i686 package for the last of the 10.1 series (10.1.102.65) is here is anyone wants (binary and source packages):
http://www.paradoxcomputers.com.au/arch … lugin10.1/
I've been using it basically since 10.2 came out and i've had no problems at all.
There is a package on AUR too (for 10.1.102.64):
...but if you're going to use the package on AUR make sure you manually remove the flashplugin package first as the author hasn't added it to conflicts= or provides= arrays. (I commented on it there already. My package linked to above doesn't have this issue.)
Last edited by Korrode (2011-04-22 04:47:33)
xfce | compiz | gmrun | urxvt | chromium | geany | aqualung | vlc | geeqie
I had no flash for a few days after some recent update... I finally looked into it and removed my flash (flashplugin-square), and installed the latest flash (flashplugin-prerelease 10.3.162.29-1), and its working like a champ!!
Arch64, AMD64, LXDE
Sorry, forgot to post more information (I thought I had subscribed this thread). I'm using 32-bit Arch, Gnome and video card is Geforce 6200.
I just installed flashplugin-beta (10.3), but that didn't help. It still usually shows the same black screen and doesn't load anything. Right click menu still appears, but it doesn't do anything. I've disabled Adblock and other extensions (there's only few), it doesn't help. I also unchecked "enable hardware acceleration".
Anyway, I installed 10.1 and with --allow-outdated-plugins I can use it. Maybe it's not the best idea to use the old version. But I didn't want to switch to Firefox, even though I used it earlier.
P4 530J, Arch Linux