You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-15 20:28:45

ArchivistInk

Patching ALSA

Hello to all - having a spot of trouble with my laptop's sound.

I am using a Lenovo IdeaPad Y530, a model which has had issues with all four speakers working on several different distros. I recently switched over to Arch from Ubuntu 10.10, which my sound had originally not worked properly on. The bug was solved in a build of alsa-driver-modules, which I was able to install from the ppa repository.

Now, I need to figure out how to patch the ALSA drivers myself. The patches are all available here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/662009) [posts 34-36, 39], but I am not entirely sure how to go about applying these patches, if they will function under Arch, or where to apply them. Any hints on where to start?

#2 2011-05-15 20:32:35

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Patching ALSA

Alsa is just Alsa. So if the patches are patching only files that alsa provides, then it doesn't matter whether its in Ubuntu or Arch.

Having said that, I would suggest that you first try the default Alsa and see what's working and what's not before you go the patching route. There have been Arch users with Ideapads before so its not like you are the first one with that laptop.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer