You are not logged in.

#26 2005-03-26 22:02:49

loserMcloser

Re: Corrupted package, time after time.

cactus wrote:

"Built" it just fine, and installed just fine. No corruption issues here..
*shrug*

OK, thanks cactus for verifying that it's a problem on my end.  When I get a chance I'll build a debug version of pacman and try to step through to figure out where/why it thinks my package is corrupt.   wink

#27 2005-06-13 20:12:18

loserMcloser

Finally figured out what was causing the bad packages.

I was making and re-making the same package over and over again, testing out different PKGBUILD configurations.

Turns out that for packages that I actually installed via

pacman -Sy <pkg-name>

after building, if I rebuilt the package with a new configuration and tried to install it again, it would now flag the new package as corrupt.  This is despite the fact that I had removed the earlier version of the package, and gensync'd my custom.db.tar.gz.

The fix was to increase the $pkgrel in the PKGBUILD on subsequent builds.  I guess pacman hides away a copy of the md5sum of the earlier package build somewhere -- though I wasn't able to find it anywhere under /var/lib/pacman.

#28 2005-06-13 20:16:27

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

you can also 'pacman -Scc' first, then install it 'pacman -Sy pkgname'.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#29 2005-06-14 23:33:15

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

loserMcloser wrote:

The fix was to increase the $pkgrel in the PKGBUILD on subsequent builds.  I guess pacman hides away a copy of the md5sum of the earlier package build somewhere -- though I wasn't able to find it anywhere under /var/lib/pacman.

Yeah..to be more clear, the problem was that the package you built and gensynced has md5sums as do the package from the repos. When you tried to do a pacman -Sy <pkgname> pacman looked at both sums in the database, got confused and crapped out, thus the corruption message.

Unfortunately the best way to build and install same <pkgname> and versions is to use --upgrade or --add with the complete path to the package. Both these options do not look at the sums in the db (no need to because they are supposed to be built locally) which will allow you to install the package.

Board footer