You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-17 20:21:52

msmuss
Website

Libreoffice: XAllocID error (arch & linux newbie)

I updated my Arch a couple of days ago and libreoffice apps won't start up. When attempting to run from a command line, the following error appears:

soffice.bin: xcb_io.c: 470: _XAllocID: Assertion 'ret != inval_id' failed.

After spending the last two days trying to figure this out on my own, I am raising the white flag and asking for help!

Incidentally, pacman output the following error during the update:

g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-tiff.so: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

I don't know if this is related - and I haven't been able to track down any info about this either. If it seems unrelated to the libreoffice problem then please ignore...

Thanks,

Ms. Muss

#2 2011-06-17 20:31:02

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Libreoffice: XAllocID error (arch & linux newbie)

My first inclination is to deal with the pacman error first.  What if you try another pacman -Syu 
You may have had an out of sync mirror.  If there error persists, there are more drastic measures you can take.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2011-06-21 16:24:08

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Check your list against this one :

http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

Also remember, that pacman only looks at the first uncommented mirror in the mirrorlist. Thus it will try to get packages from the first mirror. If it finds a version (even if it is 5 versions behind), pacman is not going to look for the same package in other mirrors.

The only time pacman tries the other mirrors in your mirrorlist is when it is unable to find the package on that mirror or the mirror times out or is down

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#5 2011-06-23 17:41:31

msmuss
Website

Thanks for the advice - I will check and let you know if I figure anything out. At least I will have a much better handle on mirrors after this!

Regards,

Ms. Muss

#6 2011-06-23 18:39:19

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

I use the rit.edu mirrors and haven't had any problems. Its quite fast and updated.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer