You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-29 14:24:52

kaszpo

gnome 3 screwed

Hi,

I've just done a pacman -Syu, and so switched  to gnome 3 from gnome 2. However, after rebooting the system, I've learnt that something is screwed a lot...

All icons from the dektop disappeared, right click on desktop has no effect, and all of the windows I've opened seemed quite "blocky", not modern (smooth) at all. The bars on the top and the bottom are black (and I cannot change them) etc.

Upon booting, I've got a message that dbus is deprecated and see /etc/rc.conf for further details, but there's nothing in there.

What can I do?

#2 2011-06-29 14:30:33

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: gnome 3 screwed

For one, update more often if you use Arch.

That's just default Gnome3. Read up on the changes between Gnome 2 and Gnome 3.

If you have problems, then list exactly what the problems are. Only saying that there is a black bar and you cannot change it does not help. Read the announcements to understand the changes that occurred in rc.conf and merge the .pacnew to update your rc.conf.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-06-29 19:02:07

demanmetdehamer

Re: gnome 3 screwed

Thats just how gnome3 works, install gnome-tweaktool and gnome usethemes extension to change the themes and show icons on desktop

Board footer