You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-23 07:19:39

protagonistmohit

Can't ping or update from mirror list after connecting to ADSL pppoe

I am a new bee , to arch . Ubuntu , mint  and opensuse are the distros i have known well, but in arch - after connecting to the ADSL pppoe (dynamic ip ) & wired connection, I cannot ping , or update from mirros.

Don't know why ?

i can ping to the DNS  ip successfully ,  but cannot ping to www.google.com or even the ip of google.

I am on mint 11 while posting the questions  on this forum, - mint 11, ubuntu 11.04 opensuse 11.3don't have any problems connecting to the internet or browsing.

pls help me , I am in soup ..........

i did pppoe-setup, and it connects successfully, it is pingging to DNS ip successfully . but can't ping google or ip of google. can't upodate even from mirrors

I am a newbee , sorry to bother , i request -  who ever responds , please give detailed command line instructions.

my connection is a wired one

Will anyone help me ? or is it going be a dissapointing forum experince for me ?
ubuntu & openSUSE forum gives instant response ,
Today is the fourth day and I am still waiting for a response. Is the problem unsolvable ?

mad

Last edited by protagonistmohit (2011-06-27 06:25:45)

#2 2011-06-28 10:46:03

nicodoggie

Re: Can't ping or update from mirror list after connecting to ADSL pppoe

Did you try this ArchWiki [PPPoE Setup with pppd] walkthrough already? It might help.

Last edited by nicodoggie (2011-06-28 10:52:40)

#3 2011-06-30 15:21:02

protagonistmohit

Re: Can't ping or update from mirror list after connecting to ADSL pppoe

I configured my modem as a PPPOE  mode and the modem got connected to my ISP directly without configuring "pppoe-setup",my connection is now behaving as a cable broadband service , so all I had to do was dhcpcd eth1  as I have 2 NICs (one on board and other as PCI). Then it automatically obtains IP addresses,and bingo I can now ping www.google.com and can download updates.

I had solved this issue on 28-06-2011

Anyway thanks for all the help given to me.

This issue is now resolved.

I have another issue - " openbox configuration"

I'll post it other part of the forum.

Thanks anyway - This issue is resolved.

Arch is the way forward   

big_smile

Board footer