You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-05 15:12:35

bpisciot

Wireless profiles problem

I'm hoping that Phrakture and Dibblethewrecker see this.  I'm setting up a Thinkpad X20 with a Cisco 350 wireless card.  I grabbed the dibble-modified wireless script, and set up a new wireless-profile.  I repeatedly get the message on booting that the wireless-profile is NOT found.  Here's a couple of other things:

1.  I've repeatedly tweaked the profile, but I'm pretty sure that I've got it right.  Plus, I've checked and doublechecked that it's in the right place, and that rc.conf points to it.
2.  I can bring up the wireless connection manually.
3.  I imported Phrakture's old wireless script (and profile) from another machine with Arch on it, and BOOM, I got connected right away.

So, this is not a matter of urgency.  I'm just looking for pointers to  help me solve my problems with the new script.

This does not appear to be a problem for others since I've found no other posts on this issue.  As always, assistance is appreciated.

Bob Pisciotta

"You're only young once, but you can always be immature."

#2 2005-07-05 15:29:14

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Wireless profiles problem

bpisciot wrote:

I'm hoping that Phrakture and Dibblethewrecker see this.

We see all!  :twisted:

Anyway, I'd suggest checking out the initscripts in the testing repo - Judd has implemented roaming network profiles there (as they are official, it'd make more sense to use them)

#3 2005-07-05 16:05:41

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

i think you have combined phrak's stuff and my stuff incorrectly - my script won't work with a "wireless-profile" ...

get Judd's ones tho - that's best smile

#4 2005-07-05 17:10:25

bpisciot

Thanks, all.  I'll try the new initscripts.

Hey Phrak...way off topic, but would you be willing to supply the names on the photograph you've posted from LinuxTag?  Took a look at the photo yesterday, and I'll be there's quite a few well-known Archers in the bunch, and I didn't see any IDs.

"You're only young once, but you can always be immature."

#5 2005-07-05 18:21:14

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Board footer