You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-28 03:01:47

brando56894

Setting a webpage in a sub-directory as the default page for my domain

I have XAMPP installed and configured, linked it with DynDNS, redirected it through another site to make the address easier to remember/type and everything works fine.

Is there a way to make a webpage in a sub-directory act as the default index.html in the root of the server? (Ex. typing www.brandongolway.us brings you to www.brandongolway.us/resume)

Last edited by brando56894 (2011-08-28 03:13:08)

#2 2011-08-28 03:30:40

wolfdogg

Re: Setting a webpage in a sub-directory as the default page for my domain

first, how is it redirected, in the hosting control panel, or with script on an index file on that host?

Is there a way to make a webpage in a sub-directory act as the default index.html in the root of the server?

its not clear what portion of the setup you are wanting to adjust, wether it be the server itself, the host account, or maybe just some code editing on the website that is loading. 

before going any further, can you just edit the redirection address wherever its being redirected to the /subdir? 

If the above doesnt help you, then you can either edit apache config to make it read out of the directory, or more likely you can just include the web-page in teh sub directory from the main index.html thats loading now. if this is what your looking for let me know i can help with some php.

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-08-28 03:35:27)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#3 2011-08-28 04:28:28

brando56894

Re: Setting a webpage in a sub-directory as the default page for my domain

Thanks, I actually came up another solution since I have other things on my server I want to show off. I made an Index page with links to all my projects, so I no longer need to do this.

Board footer