You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-22 16:33:23

Dan0512

KDE - Some things displaying incorrectly

Hello community,

After doing an overall upgrade of my system (including X11 11.1, and KDE 4.7.1) some things are not being displayed correctly. See the following screenshot:

th_Bildschirmfoto1.png
thumbnail - click

1. When I highlight text (particularly in Konqueror), the text takes the color of the background, making it essentially invisible.

2. The exit/minimize/maximize buttons are missing their symbols

3. I'm pretty sure this white border around the tab shouldn't be there

4. I'm pretty sure that the progress bar (HD capacity) should have a blue tone overall, not just in the borders.

5. The checkboxes are empty even when clicked on.

So, I'm pretty sure these aren't new features of KDE 4.7.1. So I decided to reinstall the theme-color related packages of KDE to the best of my extent, but it didn't fix anything.

Something I should mention though is that in order to get the new X server to work with the current NVIDIA drive I had to edit the xorg.conf in order for it to ignore a specific check. But I don't think this is the cause, since I would have seen more people report KDE getting funny :-).

So, what do you guys think I should do next? Or have you experienced a similar problem and have a way to fix it?

Thanks for all help in advance!

Last edited by Dan0512 (2011-09-22 18:19:54)

#2 2011-09-22 16:45:07

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: KDE - Some things displaying incorrectly

Dan0512, do not post full size images in threads. Use an image hosting website and post thumbnails only.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-09-22 20:40:57

laloch

Re: KDE - Some things displaying incorrectly

Dan0512 wrote:

Something I should mention though is that in order to get the new X server to work with the current NVIDIA drive I had to edit the xorg.conf in order for it to ignore a specific check. But I don't think this is the cause, since I would have seen more people report KDE getting funny :-).

Well, it is. See here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165665

Dan0512 wrote:

So, what do you guys think I should do next? Or have you experienced a similar problem and have a way to fix it?

Downgrade to extra/xorg-server

Board footer