You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-19 19:39:24

gauthma
Website

sshfs and the connection reseting peer

From the wiki, you read that to get more debug info, you do:

as in 'sshfs -o sshfs_debug user@server ...'

This most unhelpfully neglects to mention that in order to give it more than one option, you must separate them with commas! Like so:

[source]$ sshfs -o sshfs_debug,idmap=user <rest of command>[/source]

If you don't do that, and instead separate the options with like, say, spaces, you get in return the even more unhelpful message that "read: Connection reset by peer". This is a problem even you don't use debug if you use for instance, key authentication, or the idmap! And it all goes away by just using commas...

Next, I don't understand why the need to use sshfs as root... I've used it as root, and was unable to read anything of the remote folder as regular user on the local machine (yes, the local folder where the remote one was mounted had the right owner and permissions). And then I tried using it as a regular (non-root) user, and it just works!

Oh well, but it works now, and I suppose that that's what matters...

#2 2011-01-19 19:41:55

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: sshfs and the connection reseting peer

Its a wiki, if you find something wrong, then please correct it.

There is no point in posting a forum thread about a mistake in the wiki.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-01-19 19:46:23

gauthma
Website

I will do that, I just posted it here before to see if it was me doing something wrong (it's been known to happen tongue)

#4 2011-01-19 20:39:15

steve___

Have you tried mounting with fstab and using the 'users' setting ?  I have this commented out in my /etc/fstab for reference:

sshfs#192.168.0.100:/home/user/foo /home/usr/foo  fuse  users,noauto,transform_symlinks,follow_symlinks,reconnect    0   0

I haven't tested sshfs as a user but I thought I would toss this out there.

Last edited by steve___ (2011-01-19 20:41:20)

#5 2011-01-19 22:42:37

gauthma
Website

Indeed I have not. It is the first time using sshfs, so I just tried to get the "basic version" working tongue But I'll definitely take at look at it tomorrow :-)

steve___ wrote:

Have you tried mounting with fstab and using the 'users' setting ?  I have this commented out in my /etc/fstab for reference:

sshfs#192.168.0.100:/home/user/foo /home/usr/foo  fuse  users,noauto,transform_symlinks,follow_symlinks,reconnect    0   0

I haven't tested sshfs as a user but I thought I would toss this out there.

Board footer