You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-03 18:22:42

kensai
Website

Arch Linux MailServer, Point the Way, Please

Hi guys,

Hope you still remember me, long time no write,

I have been using Arch Linux as a Desktop for years, but have never played much with using it as a server. Now I have my own company and so since I work in the Technology area who better to make the servers for my company than I?

Here is the thing, I have already an Arch Linux WebServer running, and I want to have a MailServer too running on the same machine, just because I have always wanted to, and because the SSL certification I'm trying to get requires an @mydomain.com email for it to be the approver of the SSL, thats why I need to do this. I have two options:

This wiki entry, for Postfix or this entry of a simple mail server

Guys, since I'm new to this, can you point the way that I should follow?

-Thanks in advance,

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#2 2012-01-03 23:25:33

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: Arch Linux MailServer, Point the Way, Please

They both look pretty similar... For a 'simple' / 'traditional' mail server, you can't go wrong with Postfix and friends. I have been running an Arch-based mail server for a couple of years now (hosted @Linode) using Postfix (PostgreSQL Virtual Users) and Dovecot. SQLGrey is pretty much the only anti-spam I have on it and we get very few spam across the 30 or so domains the server handles.

OTOH, if this is just for the SSL Certificate stuff, why not Google Apps (or similar) the domain? https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/standard/new3

#3 2012-01-04 01:53:13

kensai
Website

Re: Arch Linux MailServer, Point the Way, Please

Thanks a lot, well I will investigate on the google apps solution, I was already considering it, but I do want to make a mailserver still. Well thanks anyways.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

Board footer